Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Lease Buyout - How to get the best deal on a Kia Stinger!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Since this question comes up very often, I'm going to cliff note everything so that it's easier for new members to find. (Mods feel free to edit this thread[biggrin])

This is how to get the best deal on a Kia Stinger using the Lease and Buyout Option.

Step 1: Negotiate
Negotiate the best purchase price by using Costco Auto Program. See Example posted by [MENTION=239]ghedoicy[/MENTION]: https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1871-Costco-Pricing-AZ

Step 2: Leasing
Lease the vehicle to take advantage of Lease Incentives which is anywhere between $4800-$6200.

Example posted by [MENTION=239]ghedoicy[/MENTION]
GT2 MSRP: $50,100
Discount: $3,300
Pre-negotiated Price: $46,800
Lease Incentive: $6,200
Final price: $40,400

Step 3: Buyout
Once you get access to your online account. You can secure financing through third party lenders like credit unions or banks to buyout the lease. There's no early payoff penalty.

Step 4: Share Your Purchase Price
https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/566-Kia-Stinger-Out-The-Door-Price-Thread/

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
In many states you can sign a balloon-finance agreement. The interest rate is higher but if you're going to pay it off immediately you don't pay any interest. Same incentive rebate amount.

Hustler

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sorry for the newbie questions, but I wanted to clarify a few open questions:

Is this route available through every dealer in every state or can the buyout option be declined?

You mention there is no early payoff penalty but I saw a $300 fee mentioned in other threads - what does this depend on?

Does the buyout have to be refinanced through another institution or could it just be paid off cash?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Sorry for the newbie questions, but I wanted to clarify a few open questions:

Is this route available through every dealer in every state or can the buyout option be declined?

You mention there is no early payoff penalty but I saw a $300 fee mentioned in other threads - what does this depend on?

Does the buyout have to be refinanced through another institution or could it just be paid off cash?
Hey there. Welcome to the forum!

Answers: Yes, you can either lease or balloon from any dealer with the buyout. Yes, there is a $300 purchase fee they will add to your buyout on the lease only. No, you can pay for the balance due any way that you'd like.

*Big Cheesy Grin*

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
Hey there. Welcome to the forum!
Answers: Yes, you can either lease or balloon from any dealer with the buyout. Yes, there is a $300 purchase fee they will add to your buyout on the lease only. No, you can pay for the balance due any way that you'd like.
Ok so in Mass if I want to get the lease cash I can just get a balloon payment loan? Then if that is the case I should be able to trade my vehicle and reduce my tax obligation while still getting the lease cash? I have never had a ballon payment loan offered is that through KIA financing?

Rydahog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Soo it's better to have lower residual or higher when doing this?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Soo it's better to have lower residual or higher when doing this?
Residual doesn't matter. Still paying for 100% of the car.

Rydahog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Hi murlinator, my question is, 2018,GT1, do I start negotiations at invoice, or MSRP? Or i between? Lol, also how should I treat my car, use it as trade for lease? Then buy out? Thanks for any insight, or email me rydahog713@gmail.com
ok..just thought about thhis..i will start low..at invoice, i know the dealer will want to start at msrp..
and i use the cap cost after all rebates etc..for figuring tax?.in fla..its 6%of purchase price,,then $50 for the first $5000.
now how would i use the trade in if i use it ( i hope to sell it private) ,then after trade,,i will know what my payoff will be?

Last edited:

zaldwaik

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Is the lease incentive fully funded by Kia (not dealer- which means dealer does not care)? I am assuming that Kia is doing this to encourage people to lease (they make more money) and only a minority would do buyout. Otherwise, they would be giving away money, right?

Rydahog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Zaldwa.. I believe yes, kia is payout, no money from dealer..

Rydahog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
OK here is my situation, looking for 2018 GT2 fwd, any color but black, no add ons. Looking to do lease to buyout, fla. Tax is 6%, MSRP then $50 on first $5000. Title and lic. Should be about $400...i am looking at maybe $3000 off MSRP? Possibly, then $400 military, then $6200 kia lease rebate... So what other items am I missing,? BUT adding them in.. I Also have trade I most likely will do, if I cannot sell privately, 2012 camaro SS, auto, leather, HUD, loaded. No accidents, kbb says approx $22000 - 24000.
So for those in the know, what am I looking at? I would like to try for 22k for car trade.. Give or take, and around lease buyout as low as possible to get with my CU.? Thanks for any help. ????

Bballhog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 Silky Silver Red in
OK here is my situation, looking for 2018 GT2 fwd, any color but black, no add ons. Looking to do lease to buyout, fla. Tax is 6%, MSRP then $50 on first $5000. Title and lic. Should be about $400...i am looking at maybe $3000 off MSRP? Possibly, then $400 military, then $6200 kia lease rebate... So what other items am I missing,? BUT adding them in.. I Also have trade I most likely will do, if I cannot sell privately, 2012 camaro SS, auto, leather, HUD, loaded. No accidents, kbb says approx $22000 - 24000.
So for those in the know, what am I looking at? I would like to try for 22k for car trade.. Give or take, and around lease buyout as low as possible to get with my CU.? Thanks for any help. ????
Keep in mind that in Florida you have to go through your dealer for a lease buyout they will make you pay those damn dealers fees 799 or 999 depending on the dealer. It's still better doing the lease buyout but sucks dealer is still charging you those fees twice unless you can work something out while leasing...

Rydahog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Hi bball.wow really? I will check into that, not arguing with you, but it seems I should be working with kia. As after my deal with dealer is finished? Thanks for heads up.

Bballhog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hi bball.wow really? I will check into that, not arguing with you, but it seems I should be working with kia. As after my deal with dealer is finished? Thanks for heads up.
Dealer will confirm and when i log on to my Kia finance it says call dealership for payoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bballhog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive

zaldwaik

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I am torn between buying now and taking advantage of the lease buyout option and waiting for 2019 model. Does anyone know KIA's history with lease cash back incentives? Is this common and likely to continue for the foreseeable future or is it more rare based on demand? I know there is no one that can guarantee anything but if this incentive has been there for years, I am more inclined to wait.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
Hello

This is a deal I am working on with the Lease Cash and Buyout can you guys take a look and tell if I am doing the math correctly. This does not include registration and doc fees I am paying for that separately. I am trading two vehicles for $44,000 with $4500 worth of equity. I live in Mass and was told that trades will not reduce what is taxed for a lease only a purchase. I am planning on buying out the lease right away.

Thanks for any help

MSRP $52,900.00
Negotiated Price: $49,900.00
Taxes (6.25%): $3,118.75
Price with Taxes: $53,018.75
Lease Cash: $7,900.00
Price - Lease Cash: $45,118.75
Trade equity (44k of trades): $4,500
Lease Acquisition Fee: $650.00
Total Cost of Vehicle: $41,268.75

Tonezorz

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 BRZ
Would someone mind explaining to me a few things I don't quite understand?

Does this buyout option really only work if you have the cash to buy it out without a loan? I'm not sure I see why you just wouldn't let the lease mature and buyout the vehicle at the end.

If I need a loan to process the lease buyout, is the vehicle considered used?

Most credit union refinance loans that I'm assuming would apply in this situation have a higher interest rate than going KMF directly. Would a buyout even with something like a 3% loan still save money over:

A. Financing the car with .9% financing directly from kia
Or
B. Letting the lease mature and buying out at the end?

Bballhog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive

Does this buyout option really only work if you have the cash to buy it out without a loan? I'm not sure I see why you just wouldn't let the lease mature and buyout the vehicle at the end.

Most credit union refinance loans that I'm assuming would apply in this situation have a higher interest rate than going KMF directly. Would a buyout even with something like a 3% loan still save money over:

Or
Money factor is terrible so your better off in most instances taking the lease cash and then financing with a lease buyout.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Or
Hey there [MENTION=1381]Tonezorz[/MENTION], welcome to the forum!

What [MENTION=983]Bballhog[/MENTION] is accurate. The difference of 3% in finance charge doesn't outweigh the huge lease incentive.

No, it's not used. It's yours. LOL

If you wait until the lease runs out, you end up paying DOUBLE interest on the 2nd half of your car.