Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Leased Stinger MODS to do.

Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Hi all, so I’m considering a few mods to do on my leased 2022 Stinger GT2. But I’m not sure if it will violate the lease agreements or warranties. I’m planning on:
1.) Adding a CATBACK exhaust
2.) Adding the “Stinger” display door lights for both the driver and passenger side
3.) And possible injen Air Intakes (in a couple months)

what do you guys think? I would appreciate any input! Thanks.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Those parts you listed will not violate your lease agreement, the parts you add will not be covered under warranty. If the parts you install cause a catastrophic failure, that will void your warranty, but the dealership has to prove that's what happened.

I had mine under a lease the first three years and it was heavily modified but I also don't take my car to the dealer unless it's warranty work. When my lease was up I bought the car, the dealer wanted the car badly.

OP
T
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Thread Starter #3
Those parts you listed will not violate your lease agreement, the parts you add will not be covered under warranty. If the parts you install cause a catastrophic failure, that will void your warranty, but the dealership has to prove that's what happened.

I had mine under a lease the first three years and it was heavily modified but I also don't take my car to the dealer unless it's warranty work. When my lease was up I bought the car, the dealer wanted the car badly.
Okay, sweet! Thanks a lot, I appreciate the tip!! Also, what kind of mechanic shop would you recommend I go to have the door lights put in, and it’ll be done correctly? I thought I could do it myself, but definitely not the case lol.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I actually i do all the work myself if I can, if I can't do it I have a friend that has his own shop, so I go to him. There is a shop in Tempe that I've used called Forza Auto, the owners name is Eddy, if you want to use him his number is (480)233-6900, Text him don't call because he gets a crap load of calls a day & address is 717 S. Hacienda Dr Tempe AZ 85281. Tell him Jeff with grey stinger sent you..