Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Going in to haggle a '19 GT2 AWD, what should I aim for and lease/buyout questions

boobear

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
First post, hopefully of many. This weekend I'm going in to discuss a '19 GT2 AWD in ceramic silver. I'm not trading anything in. In preparation I've been going through posts on here, trying to see what people paid and taking notes to try to get a good idea of what I can expect. The is my first new car buying experience, so I'm not some hardened haggling vet, and actually a bit nervous. What should I expect to be able to get off on msrp, on truecar it looks like a $3,018 discount (msrp 53,890 invoice 50,601) is the average, is that accurate? My plan is to lease/buyout with a 24 month lease, which my credit is plenty good for. As for the lease side, looking at incentives it looks like there are two charts on the post, the second which has larger discounts, why is that? Also, my main goal should just be to reduce the gross price in the lease correct? Residual, etc. shouldn't affect my buyout. Lastly, I'm just gonna throw these numbers I saw today on here out there, and you can tell me if I'm crazy or dumb: My all in discount, dealer and lease incentives should be around 12.5-13k for a good deal.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
$3k discount is a good deal, essentially you're buying the car at close to invoice.

salamonka

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Dodge Ram
Does anyone have the invoice price list? I've been searching but cannot find anything definitive. Also, what is a good margin to leave the dealer with when making an offer? Or is that where the Art of the Deal comes in?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Costco Auto lists invoice prices

Does anyone have the invoice price list? I've been searching but cannot find anything definitive. Also, what is a good margin to leave the dealer with when making an offer? Or is that where the Art of the Deal comes in?

Ls1ashley

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘17 Corvette
I just bought one (an RWD though!) in Houston area for 41k plus TT&L. This included the dealer discount and the $7,500 Kia lease incentive for a 24 month lease.

OP
B

boobear

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
I just bought one (an RWD though!) in Houston area for 41k plus TT&L. This included the dealer discount and the $7,500 Kia lease incentive for a 24 month lease.

Awesome deal! At least from my perspective. I'd love to get one at that number plus the difference the awd makes.

Reactions
City
Silver Spring
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
'18 Audi A4
From Costco, listing invoice for GT2 trim. Hopefully that's accurate.

Attachments

Reactions
invoice seems correct