Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Am I seeing this right 31mpg?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So the family and I took the stinger for a little road trip from San Diego to LA and along the way I'm seeing 29-31mpg! Around town I can probably get 21 if im lucking. I was in comfort mode and doing 75mph the whole time. I recently just added a racechip but only in sport mode. I'm shocked and at the same time surprise. I thought it would be lower maybe 25?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Nice! But what engine do you have? I'm guessing the 3.3TT?

Gatorz

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I have only had my Stinger for a few days, and have only gone on one trip of 100 miles plus of comfort mode interstate driving and I observed 22.4 mpg on that trip.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Yeah the 3.3. We'll be driving home soon and I'll snap a pic. I'm thinking it's a fluke. Maybe the racechip has something to do with it?

Gatorz

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
The race chip people claim you can get a 20% MPG increase, so it very well could be.. and if it is... I have now changed my first aftermarket purchase to that!!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
I have a 3.3 liter, stock, and with pure highway I have see 28-31 mpg. One recent example: driving several hundred miles on interstate only 29 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
So I notice something when I gas up it actually reset itself. On the way up it started at 14mpg then slowly goes up and at finally destination it shows 32mpg. On the way down I decided to gas up and it started at 27mpg but ended at 29.5mpg. But hey I'll take 29mpg any day! [woot]

socal2.0

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger premium
My 2.0 has less than 800 miles on it I am getting about 25mpg in mixed driving with no long trips.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
I?m getting 30mpg+ on a 75 mile trip if I use engine braking, with a mix of speeds out of town.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
So the family and I took the stinger for a little road trip from San Diego to LA and along the way I'm seeing 29-31mpg! Around town I can probably get 21 if im lucking. I was in comfort mode and doing 75mph the whole time. I recently just added a racechip but only in sport mode. I'm shocked and at the same time surprise. I thought it would be lower maybe 25?
If you weren't engaging cruise control, it seems possible. The highway is obviously not stop and go traffic, but when there is steady traffic, at least from my experience, there is a lot of throttle on and throttle off (coasting). I had the same thing happen when I had my '15 Sonata coming back from Denver. 80-85 mph with steady traffic and was getting 38 mpg. Take the in car meter with a grain of salt.

Try this on your next fill up - brim the car with fuel. Take the miles driven and divide it by the number of gallons you put in your car. For example:

320 miles / 17.546 gal = 18.23 miles per gallon.

I have noticed my car (Genesis) is a bit off when I compare the two. Check out the Fuelly app. You can track your lifetime mpg average and a few other goodies. Click on my link in my bio to see what I'm talking about.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
Did you get the hybrid version...?

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Wow... that?s pretty good. Although I saw something similar driving from Atlanta to Raleigh a few weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
30.5mpg average here out of town.
Considering the performance, I'm very happy with that.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #14
Having the racechip probably helps little with mpg[driving]

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
The best ive had so far was 34mpg avg for a 6hr drive to virginia at 70-80mph with the AC on the whole time