Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2019 Limited Edition "Atlantica" Stinger - Will Have SVM and Wireless Charging - 500 Units

Nismo380RS

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
So everyone wanting the Surround View Monitor, Wireless charging and heated rear seats, these items will be coming in a 2019 limited edition model. Only 500 units will be produced and only one color, Deep Chroma Blue.

https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/medi...-unique-features-to-kias-fastback-sport-sedan

500-unit Production Run Promises Quick Sell-Out
  • Exclusive metallic blue paint, wheels and luxurious interior add to Stinger?s stunning appearance
  • Unique badging make Kia?s Stinger GT Atlantica a one-of-a-kind vehicle
  • New tech and luxury features previously not offered on the U.S. Stinger provide an added level of convenience

IRVINE, Calif., March 6, 2018 ? The Stinger sport sedan has ushered in a new era for Kia and has redefined driving enthusiasts? opinions of the brand since going on sale in late last year. Continuing that excitement and arriving this summer, the limited-edition Stinger GT Atlantica celebrates the cross-Atlantic collaboration between the U.S. and the vehicle?s Germany-based development roots and introduces exclusive features not previously offered. With only a 500-unit limited-production run, the Atlantica edition is guaranteed to sell out quickly. The Atlantica edition includes unique paint, wheels and Nappa leather interior. Exclusive numbered badging inside and out, along with a bevy of technology and luxury features, make this 2019 Stinger truly something special.

?We recognize Stinger is something special and wanted to commemorate the 2019 model year with a stand-out variant,? said Orth Hedrick, vice president, product planning, Kia Motors America (KMA). ?Out of the box, the Stinger is a tried-and-true sport sedan with much of its development taking place on Germany?s grueling N?rburgring race circuit. The Atlantica edition introduces more European flare while distinguishing itself with exclusive badging and features not previously offered by Kia in the U.S. market.?

Based on the Stinger GT2 AWD, the Atlantica edition is immediately recognizable with its Deep Chroma Blue metallic exterior paint. The aggressive 19-inch alloy wheels come direct from the European Stinger and the large-font Stinger badge1 across the rear deck lid harkens from the Korean-spec vehicle. An exclusive Espresso Brown Nappa leather interior complements the exterior and a rich black suede-type headliner adds a premium touch to an already well-equipped cockpit. Unique features to the Stinger GT Atlantica include a Surround View Monitor2, a wireless phone charger3, and heated rear outboard seats. Three tasteful Stinger Atlantica badges, one on the front center console and two that flank both front fenders, round out this exclusive and limited package. Final pricing hasn?t been determined and will be available closer to the Atlantica edition?s on-sale date this summer.

Stinger.jpg

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Wow, and this is the future of the Stinger line....beeeautiful

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Well isn't that something! I will just be gosh darned tootin' [wiggle]; dreams really do come true. [coolsmile]

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Here are pictures I posted on the other thread

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks for posting this [MENTION=359]Nismo380RS[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
At least now we might be able to order the parts to retrofit our missing options.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Just what we need another limited production so Kia can charge a premium.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What's everyones guess on pricing, $3k more than the GT2?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] will there be another dealer competition for this color?[biggrin]

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
About time they gave us the "suede-type headliner".

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Can't decide if I like the A-type wheels on that car better than the B-type I have now.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Where's the HiChroma Red Atlantica edition?[biggrin]

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
We discussed this on the Genesis forum. Long story short, this is a terrible idea. This is what I said:

Why would KIA do this? They already have models outside of the U.S with the features excluded specifically for the U.S.. So they are going to charge a premium for basically a color scheme and interior? Then what will KIA do for the 2019 model year with top trim levels? Exclude the 360-camera, wireless charging, etc. again?

Honestly, this makes no sense. I am very good at seeing other perceptions and understanding why someone would do some of the things they choose but this one, I can't. KIA will be bringing the options to us eventually. But for now, keep it limited to 500 units and charge a premium for it? When the model year comes out that has all of the features, where would it be priced? Top trim is already $52k. Say this limited line is $60k... 2019 rolls around and they add the features to all GT2's, how much of a premium would that cost?

No KIA, just no.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
It's nice we here in the US are finally getting a Stinger with all of the features that should have been available on the car IN THE FIRST PLACE and are getting one of the missing colors that the rest of the world was able to get but not us BUT, I'm really annoyed that KIA is only making 500 of these... What's the point??? So dealerships can charge an arm and a leg for one of these with markups? The Stinger is already about $4k too much and dealerships will maybe add another $5k on top? Now I love the Stinger and I want one but considering resale value and fuel economy, this starts getting into Audi S5 Sportback territory. And as much as I want a GT2 AWD Stinger, for this money, I may have to rethink things.

I agree with Stingin' Away when he says, this makes no sense. Who's decision is it to do this? KIA Global or KIA USA? This IS a terrible idea...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] will there be another dealer competition for this color?[biggrin]
I'm in Barcelona, Spain now on a Kia sponsored trip that I earned. I'll ask my central region guy and report back!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
We discussed this on the Genesis forum. Long story short, this is a terrible idea. This is what I said:

Why would KIA do this? They already have models outside of the U.S with the features excluded specifically for the U.S.. So they are going to charge a premium for basically a color scheme and interior? Then what will KIA do for the 2019 model year with top trim levels? Exclude the 360-camera, wireless charging, etc. again?

Honestly, this makes no sense. I am very good at seeing other perceptions and understanding why someone would do some of the things they choose but this one, I can't. KIA will be bringing the options to us eventually. But for now, keep it limited to 500 units and charge a premium for it? When the model year comes out that has all of the features, where would it be priced? Top trim is already $52k. Say this limited line is $60k... 2019 rolls around and they add the features to all GT2's, how much of a premium would that cost?

No KIA, just no.
What you guys have to remember is that Kia was petrified to have a CAR, not an SUV, roll out state side for more than $50k! Remember that we here have an entire thread dedicated to fact that many affluent folks in the US are potentially considering a Kia because of the stigma of old.

As sales continue to surge and they see that our US market is past our Kia hangup, they'll push it more.

As for pricing, I'm guessing that it might be an extra $2k. It won't be excessive. Remember that the Sunset Yellow is a zero add price.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk in Barcelona

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I'm in Barcelona, Spain now on a Kia sponsored trip that I earned. I'll ask my central region guy and report back!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Enjoy your trip.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
As for pricing, I'm guessing that it might be an extra $2k. It won't be excessive. Remember that the Sunset Yellow is a zero add price.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk in Barcelona
They couldn't really charge more Sunset since it had zero extra options. $2k would be a great price for all the extra features.