Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2019 Limited Edition "Atlantica" Stinger - Will Have SVM and Wireless Charging - 500 Units

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Of course they would release this color now.[sadpanda]

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
What you guys have to remember is that Kia was petrified to have a CAR, not an SUV, roll out state side for more than $50k! Remember that we here have an entire thread dedicated to fact that many affluent folks in the US are potentially considering a Kia because of the stigma of old.

As sales continue to surge and they see that our US market is past our Kia hangup, they'll push it more.

As for pricing, I'm guessing that it might be an extra $2k. It won't be excessive. Remember that the Sunset Yellow is a zero add price.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk in Barcelona
If it's $2k, that's kinda a slap in the face since they didn't allow those options on the 2018 models. Even if it's $2k, say the Stinger has all of those options it's missing from other markets... What would the price be? Surely it can't be more expensive than a limited run Stinger. That makes the limited Stinger worthless. Someone could ship a car with the Atlantica options and it not be the limited car minus the interior.

It's not bad for KIA to do as I'm sure they will sell all of them. As a consumer and car nut myself, the price for this will have to be upper $50's if they decide to bring the missing options to all 2019 models. Having a limited run car for $55k and a fully optioned "regular" GT2 AWD for the same price is not justified.

Bosander

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
2011 BMW 520
If it's $2k, that's kinda a slap in the face since they didn't allow those options on the 2018 models. Even if it's $2k, say the Stinger has all of those options it's missing from other markets... What would the price be? Surely it can't be more expensive than a limited run Stinger. That makes the limited Stinger worthless. Someone could ship a car with the Atlantica options and it not be the limited car minus the interior.

It's not bad for KIA to do as I'm sure they will sell all of them. As a consumer and car nut myself, the price for this will have to be upper $50's if they decide to bring the missing options to all 2019 models. Having a limited run car for $55k and a fully optioned "regular" GT2 AWD for the same price is not justified.
Stinger GT 3.3 AWD deep chroma blue full option is (converted) $68.820 over here, so shipping it might not be the cheapest option. Maybe that smoothens the pain?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I'm in Barcelona, Spain now on a Kia sponsored trip that I earned. I'll ask my central region guy and report back!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Have fun over there.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Stinger GT 3.3 AWD deep chroma blue full option is (converted) $68.820 over here, so shipping it might not be the cheapest option. Maybe that smoothens the pain?
Canada is a bit closer. Maybe the Canadians can chip in

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
LOL...That's awesome! ....and a little weird :) LOL Instead of Mockingjay you should write in MurlinatoR

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
What you guys have to remember is that Kia was petrified to have a CAR, not an SUV, roll out state side for more than $50k! Remember that we here have an entire thread dedicated to fact that many affluent folks in the US are potentially considering a Kia because of the stigma of old.

As sales continue to surge and they see that our US market is past our Kia hangup, they'll push it more.

As for pricing, I'm guessing that it might be an extra $2k. It won't be excessive. Remember that the Sunset Yellow is a zero add price.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk in Barcelona
Can't say I'm impress with Kia's sales strategy, they've already given us 5 different trims starting well under $30k, why not just give the consumer the decision to choose what options they want instead of being overly cautious. Most people that spend over $50k for a car won't be petrified of spending a few extra for more options. As an early adopter I certainly feel shafted.