Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

US Configurator/Builder is LIVE!!

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
The remote start for $495 is actually a decent deal, the downside is you have to carry two different remotes.
I plan to order this, it really comes in handy out here in Utah.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Does this mean that dealers can customize color combinations?
It may mean that only, let's say, dealers in California could make a particular build. The good thing about that is the vehicle configuration you want may exist out in the wild and could be transferred in.

-Matt

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
The word on the street is the configurator is correct, but it is only showing options/combinations that will be available in every US state. There will be configurations that only some states get and not others.

-Matt
I wonder what state is going to end up getting the missing Sunset Yellow.[giddy]

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Oh good, I didn't know that is going to be a color option.
That's the Blue we've seen all over, not the one on thr configurator now.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
That's the Blue we've seen all over, not the one on thr configurator now.

-Matt

Oh yeah I've seen it, just didn't know we are getting that here stateside.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
It does indeed seem Kia has made some tweaks to the configurator since yesterday.

**Sunset Yellow has been removed.

Since Limited-Slip Differential (LSD) seems to be a heavily wanted option, here's a quick summary.

Base Stinger LSD Availability = No
Premium Stinger LSD Availability = No
GT Stinger LSD Availability = Yes, only on AWD
GT1 Stinger LSD Availability = No
GT2 Stinger LSD Availability = Yes, both RWD and AWD

Summary for Color Combinations:
Base Exterior Colors = Snow White Pearl, Silky Silver, Aurora Black Pearl
Base Interior Colors = Black Leather

Premium Exterior Colors = Snow White Pearl, Micro Blue Pearl, Silky Silver, Aurora Black Pearl
Premium Interior Colors = Black Leather, Light Gray Leather only with Snow White Pearl, Beige Leather only with Black

GT Exterior Colors = Snow White Pearl, HiChrome Red, Micro Blue Pearl, Silky Silver, Panthera Metal, Aurora Black Pearl
GT Interior Colors = Black Leather

GT1 Exterior Colors = Snow White Pearl, HiChrome Red, Micro Blue Pearl, Silky Silver, Panthera Metal, Ceramic Silver, Aurora Black Pearl
GT1 Interior Colors = Black Leather, Red Leather only with Silky Silver and Aurora Black Pearl

GT2 Exterior Colors = Snow White Pearl, HiChrome Red, Micro Blue Pearl, Silky Silver, Ceramic Silver, Aurora Black Pearl
GT2 Interior Colors = Black Leather only with Snow White Pearl and HiChrome Red, Red Leather only with Silky Silver; Ceramic Silver and Aurora Black Pearl, Light Gray Leather only with Micro Blue Pearl
Thats weird, the AWD cannot have LSD, it should only be available for the RWD.

It would be a shame if the LSD is not a standard option on all the 3.3 RWD, I can't imagine a standard open diff on the 3.3 RWD it would be just silly.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

It would be a shame if the LSD is not a standard option on all the 3.3 RWD, I can't imagine a standard open diff on the 3.3 RWD it would be just silly.
All the preproduction marketing said that the 2.0T and 3.3TT would come with a mechanical limited slip rear diff standard (I thought). Believe it or not the Infiniti Q50S Red Sport DOESN'T have a LSD in the rear wheel drive version. It has an open rear diff and uses the brakes to control left to right power application. This particular AWD system from KIA/Hyundai (I believe it's actually supplied by a company called Dynamax, there are videos on youtube on how the system works) doesn't have any LSD's in the system. I THINK the center differential is a clutch pack design and the front and rear diffs are open. When a wheel spins on one side, the brake on that wheel actuates and power is then routed to the wheel with grip. This will happen with both the front and rear axle. There are other systems which use LSD's in the center, rear and sometimes front differentials but they are more expensive, heavier and require more maintenance but they add power to the wheels that grip through the LSD setup. No brakes are applied to help route power except for stability control. The AWD setup on the Stinger with the open diffs is cheaper, lighter, is more durable and requires less maintenance except for the brake pads if it's activated often.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Jaguar XF 5.0 V8
There seems to be many more options in the US compared to the UK. We basically choose one of three trim levels and the colour and that's it. If a feature isn't at the trim level you can afford, you can't have it. http://www.kia.com/uk/utility/build-your-kia/#/trim

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Range Rover Evoque
I am disappointed with the configurations for the US build. I thought ventilated seats would be an option on all trims. Also, I thought that the 360 surround view camera would at least be offered on the GT2 trim. On top of the limited color selections for the non-GT2 trims, only the GT2 trim has the shift-by-wire gear selector and there no Qi wireless charging on any of the trims. At this point, I think I would wait and see what options/configurations are offered with the Genesis G70 or consider the Acura TLX A-Spec, which at least has the Qi wireless charging and is a better value overall.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Great to have these discussions. I hope some salesmen or people that have influence in KIA see these threads. This shows we know what we want. A company is only as good as the customers they bring in.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
It appears that in Canada with the UVO app you can remotely start your Stinger and set the climate settings.

There's a certain joy that comes with hearing a powerful car come to life. With UVO Intelligence, you can remotely start your Stinger and set the climate control with your smartphone - even if it's just to hear the exhaust roar. UVO also enables monthly vehicle health reports and on-demand diagnostic information on your Stinger. Open a world or safety, vehicle management, and remote services right from you compatible smartphone.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Possible more Stinger wheel choices coming soon too.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

You're absolutely right [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION], it was a type-o on my part, supposed to be RWD if you want the LSD option.[biggrin]

Here's a better break down for the GT.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
So guys are these the final color options for the US-Spec Stinger?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
So guys are these the final color options for the US-Spec Stinger?
Don't think so... Missing the yellow and chroma blue.

-Matt

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

-Matt

You're right about the yellow but from what I've read, hi chroma blue (the dark blue) isn't coming to the USA. Maybe next year.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive

-Matt

Okay just wanted to confirm since that's from the latest brochure from Kia.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
It appears that in Canada with the UVO app you can remotely start your Stinger and set the climate settings.

If they don't offer it here too I think it may be the camel's back-breaking straw for me. I've bit my tongue and haven't complained about the features they've snatched from the US version, but if this is cut too, that's it for me, I'll have to move on to the next car on my list.