Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

US Configurator/Builder is LIVE!!

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
If they don't offer it here too I think it may be the camel's back-breaking straw for me. I've bit my tongue and haven't complained about the features they've snatched from the US version, but if this is cut too, that's it for me, I'll have to move on to the next car on my list.
Keep in mind though it's a subscription service thats included free for the first 5 years.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Okay just wanted to confirm since that's from the latest brochure from Kia.
I'm going to defer to those who might know more but that brochure looks very complete (I just got it). When you include that info along with the builder pulling the yellow off, I am more inclined to think they won't be selling the yellow here in the states. Which is a huge bummer if true. Maybe 2019?

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Possible more Stinger wheel choices coming soon too.
I wonder if the two bottom wheels are cast or forged. I really like those designs.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Keep in mind though it's a subscription service thats included free for the first 5 years.
Perfect...I never keep cars over 39 months anyway..lol

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
According to this video, Limited Slip might be standard on all future trims.
[video=youtube;j39kQMD-HXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j39kQMD-HXs[/video]

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Here are the color options for the Stinger in Mexico. No Sunset Yellow or Chroma Blue either.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Here are the color options for the Stinger in Mexico. No Sunset Yellow or Chroma Blue either.
Hey, at least you guys get TWO color options for that white car. The last I checked, we could only get ONE interior color...

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Hey, at least you guys get TWO color options for that white car. The last I checked, we could only get ONE interior color...
You can get black or red but you have to choose between GT1 and GT2[screwy]

P.S. I'm not from Mexico haha.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
You can get black or red but you have to choose between GT1 and GT2[screwy]

P.S. I'm not from Mexico haha.
LOL... I didn't realize what you were saying until I went to KIA.com and looked. UNBELIEVABLE!!! This configurator is worse than I initially thought. Before I was just setting the car up with GT2 but as I go back and forth between the option packages, I see what you're saying. I was really interested in panthera metal. I can get it with the GT package but not the GT1 or 2. I can get two interior colors (black or red) with the GT1 but I can ONLY get red with the GT2. I can ONLY get a black interior with ceramic silver GT1 but I can ONLY get a red interior in the ceramic silver GT2. There are other examples as well.

I think I have the configurator figured out not. I don't think it's gremlins or glitches. Do people go into a KIA dealership in the USA and actually order a KIA how they want it and then ACTUALLY wait the two months for it to show up? I could be wrong but I wonder if the majority of KIA buyers go to a KIA dealership and point to a car on the lot and say, "I want that one". I don't think the configurator is for us to build what we want but instead, I think the configurator is showing us (here in the US) what to expect and what will be delivered to us so we can go to a lot, point to a car and say, "I want that one". That's my new theory...

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Possible first shipments are being delivered to US Dealers. Micro Blue, Aurora Black and California Red.

These are going to Power Kia

3705 Market St NE
Salem, OR 97301

[video=youtube;Aywb1n2W7lI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aywb1n2W7lI[/video]

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Niiiiiice..... Can't wait to see some pictures from actual buyers.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Hopefully UT is next on the delivery list.[^]

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Man those side vents still stick out like a sore thumb haha.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Don't hold your breath. We got burned on the SVM 360 camera that all the other larger Kias have: Optima, Cadenza, K900, Sorento, and even Sedona.
According to a document I was given at the SF auto show by KIA, the 360 degree camera is an option, though it didn't specify on which model(s). However, it doesn't seem to be listed as an option on KIA's site, so shame on KIA for providing such poor and inconsistent documentation.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
According to a document I was given at the SF auto show by KIA, the 360 degree camera is an option, though it didn't specify on which model(s). However, it doesn't seem to be listed as an option on KIA's site, so shame on KIA for providing such poor and inconsistent documentation.
[MENTION=232]treker[/MENTION] we were there this weekend and it was packed. The lady that we spoke to really didn't know much other than the basic specs of the car. I was hoping she can provide more detailed information but all she did was take down our contact information so that a dealer can reach out to us.[facepalm] The Red Stinger on the turntable sure looked good though.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
[MENTION=232]treker[/MENTION] we were there this weekend and it was packed. The lady that we spoke to really didn't know much other than the basic specs of the car. I was hoping she can provide more detailed information but all she did was take down our contact information so that a dealer can reach out to us.[facepalm] The Red Stinger on the turntable sure looked good though.
Yeah, the KIA reps I spoke with also weren't familiar with details on the Stinger. With all of the auto shows KIA is attending and using to show off the Stinger, it seems beyond strange to me that they don't even train their reps on the car. At least with me, and I suspect with many potential customers, it doesn't reflect well on the brand.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
The latest discussion now is that Kia will do a limited production of 400 Sunset Yellow Stingers.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
The latest discussion now is that Kia will do a limited production of 400 Sunset Yellow Stingers.
400 should be plenty, I don't think Kia will sell that many yellow ones.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Lease incentives and pricing now added to the configurator.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Corvette Z06, 2018 Stinger GT
What are they offering on the 36 month?

Lease incentives and pricing now added to the configurator.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk