Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

US Configurator/Builder is LIVE!!

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
What are they offering on the 36 month?
$6100 on the GT2. Not quite sure what it's going towards, just yet. If it's off the payments it's making it go from like $800 to $600. Seems a bit virtual to me.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Corvette Z06, 2018 Stinger GT
Thank you. Just confirmed it is a lease cash offer designed to keep the payments low.

$6100 on the GT2. Not quite sure what it's going towards, just yet. If it's off the payments it's making it go from like $800 to $600. Seems a bit virtual to me.

-Matt

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thank you. Just confirmed it is a lease cash offer designed to keep the payments low.
It's close for me... I don't wanna go over $550. So a month or 2 and I should be able to get exactly what I want.

Does anyone know about the safety package on the GT2? Can you have hands off wheel or does it disengage?

-Matt

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Hey bud, it's not a Telsa with no discounts.[grinking]

Have a look at 2:23, hands free.
[video=youtube;3Q26AYrMA14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q26AYrMA14[/video]

It's close for me... I don't wanna go over $550. So a month or 2 and I should be able to get exactly what I want.

Does anyone know about the safety package on the GT2? Can you have hands off wheel or does it disengage?

-Matt

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
[Duplicate post]

-Matt

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Hey bud, it's not a Telsa with no discounts.[grinking]

Have a look at 2:23, hands free.
[video=youtube;3Q26AYrMA14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q26AYrMA14[/video]
I laughed hard! Most cars require this like the Kia. My Q50s does not... I can't imagine how good a Tesla would be if I can do what I do in a 2015 Infiniti. Haha.

-Matt

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
haha I'm glad you remembered.

My co-worker has a Tesla S and the auto pilot is unreal. Unlike Kia and Infiniti which uses the brakes to prevent lane drifting, the Tesla will actually turn the steering wheel.

I laughed hard! Most cars require this like the Kia. My Q50s does not... I can't imagine how good a Tesla would be if I can do what I do in a 2015 Infiniti. Haha.

-Matt

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
haha I'm glad you remembered.

My co-worker has a Tesla S and the auto pilot is unreal. Unlike Kia and Infiniti which uses the brakes to prevent lane drifting, the Tesla will actually turn the steering wheel.
The Q50s moves the wheel as well. I can drive at night with no hands and it will take the curves on the freeways with no issues.

-Matt

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Yup it will appear like it's steering but what the car is doing is applying the brakes to the front wheels independently for steering. It doesn't have a motor that moves the steering wheel. It still works great regardless.

Did you ever see this video? The ending is funny as hell.
[video=youtube;zY_zqEmKV1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_zqEmKV1k[/video]

The Q50s moves the wheel as well. I can drive at night with no hands and it will take the curves on the freeways with no issues.

-Matt

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Anyone else get an email from Kia today saying the configurator is now live and to go build their car?[rofl]

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Yup it will appear like it's steering but what the car is doing is applying the brakes to the front wheels independently for steering. It doesn't have a motor that moves the steering wheel. It still works great regardless.

Did you ever see this video? The ending is funny as hell.
[video=youtube;zY_zqEmKV1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_zqEmKV1k[/video]
Haha! It is amazing. I had no idea about it using the brake. That's interesting!

I've admittedly never moved over to the passenger seat! Wow!

-Matt

nikpmd

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport
Stinger Base available with Micro Blue in USA

Not sure if people are aware, the configurator doesn't show Micro Blue as an option on the Stinger Base but it can be ordered with Micro Blue paint.

Proof:

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Not sure if people are aware, the configurator doesn't show Micro Blue as an option on the Stinger Base but it can be ordered with Micro Blue paint.
Very cool.