Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Official Deep Chroma Blue Kia Stinger Pictures Thread

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looks great....This and the SWP are my favourite colours for the Stinger....Sadly we did not get the DCB in the US [mecry]

nikpmd

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport
Looks so cool in the sun! I want DCB. Should we start a campaign and get some 10k people to sign it and send it over to Kia asking them to give all features and options for the US market as well?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
It looks great! The flake in that paint is insane. Are these pics before or after the repairs from the ceramic coat uv lights? If it's after, how did the place do with matching the paint with the original?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looks so cool in the sun! I want DCB. Should we start a campaign and get some 10k people to sign it and send it over to Kia asking them to give all features and options for the US market as well?
I will sign that petition in a heart beat!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
It looks great! The flake in that paint is insane. Are these pics before or after the repairs from the ceramic coat uv lights? If it's after, how did the place do with matching the paint with the original?
These pics are from today, I painted the car at the KIA dealer and they did I would say a near perfect job of matching. Since the car is still new it was not difficult to match the paint, older cars were the paint has faded are more difficult to match.

The new painted parts I cannot ceramic coat until one month from now for curing reasons.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
71 days more and i will get this color in my garage.
It looks perfect.

Thx for the close-ups.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Looks great debadged

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
Some pics I took today after debadging the car showing the deep chroma effect [coolsmile]
Excellent close-ups showing the speckles of red in the DCB paint. They are what gives the car that almost purple tint from certain angles, particularly from the rear I feel. Still waiting for my DCB GT Sport (= GT2) to arrive in late February[:p]

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
These pics are from today, I painted the car at the KIA dealer and they did I would say a near perfect job of matching. Since the car is still new it was not difficult to match the paint, older cars were the paint has faded are more difficult to match.

The new painted parts I cannot ceramic coat until one month from now for curing reasons.
I thought you may have gotten it painted at an private autobody shop. It's good you got it repainted by KIA. I was wondering how the paint matched up with all that crazy flake in it. I thought it might look different if it wasn't done at the factory. It looks like they did a great job in the pictures. I'll bet you'll be triple checking the setting of the UV lights when it's time to do the ceramic coating :)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'll sign it!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Excellent close-ups showing the speckles of red in the DCB paint. They are what gives the car that almost purple tint from certain angles, particularly from the rear I feel. Still waiting for my DCB GT Sport (= GT2) to arrive in late February[:p]
You will love it, what interior did you go with?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
You will love it, what interior did you go with?
As Henry Ford once said "You can have any color you like, as long as it is black". Sadly, that is the case with interiors here in NZ. I would have gone for another color after having black in my Optima. Never mind, at least I am getting the Deep Chroma Blue !

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
First Road Trip

Took the car for a run, over to Hawkes Bay, East coast, North Island. All went well, and the weather was good. Interesting shot of hatchbacks old and new !
DSC08561.jpg
DSC08487.jpg
DSC08576.jpg
DSCC08596.jpg

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Looking good [MENTION=287]KiwiStinger[/MENTION]

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Love the beautiful New Zealand scenery.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Love it!!....really envious you guys got that color.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
I love this Color-Changes. One time its a deep blue, next almost black.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I recently read a rumor on a different stinger forum site (sorry I cheated on you kiastinger.org, LOL) that stated..... deep chroma blue might be the color of the 2019 limited edition Stinger...in the US! Personally I'll believe it when I see it but if true, I sincerely hope it's not only for a limited edition series. We'll see I guess...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I recently read a rumor on a different stinger forum site (sorry I cheated on you kiastinger.org, LOL) that stated..... deep chroma blue might be the color of the 2019 limited edition Stinger...in the US! Personally I'll believe it when I see it but if true, I sincerely hope it's not only for a limited edition series. We'll see I guess...
I'm going to call this 100% speculation.