Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Official Ceramic Silver & Ghost Grey Kia Stinger Pictures Thread

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Pls tell me something...is the ceramic silver a solid or metallic paint? I've not seen it in anything but pictures.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
It has metal flake in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thank you. In a particular picture I saw, the sunlight striking the door handles certainly looked like it was metallic paint. Others pics don't, so your answer settles it. Thanks again!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thank you. In a particular picture I saw, the sunlight striking the door handles certainly looked like it was metallic paint. Others pics don't, so your answer settles it. Thanks again!
Every paint option on the Stinger has metallic in it.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT 2 & the 2 above
1BlinkGone : The paint has very fine metallic that gives it a shine but most of the time, under most conditions, it does not look metallic like most paints. It looks almost like a grey primer that has a clear gloss over it.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
OMG that's so badass. Are the CF pieces wrapped?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Looks great [MENTION=1488]Stinger GT2 Modified[/MENTION], what's your mod list?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
One of the best modded Stingers Ive seen, great job.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
To derek0609 : No it's not a Nissan, anyone can see it's not a sports car. Nissan does not own the use of the letter "R" to signify a model in a car line up. Honda, Audi, Volkswagen, Subaru and others have "R" models, usually at the top of their sporty food chain. I modified my car to make it appear as special model made by Kia itself and not just modified by some owner. Since it is already a "GT" I just added the "R" to it to make it appear as a special top of the line model just as the other brands do. I can't make badges as nice as these so I used the GTR's. I also used Volkswagen "R" and "R line" badges too and a large Korean "Stinger" on the trunk. And Dodge "Super BEE" emblems also. (see page 7 of thread) I don't see much difference in doing this than replacing the ugly Kia standard badges with badges that most people have never seen before or can't even read. (which a lot of people seem to be doing now) I am NOT trying to pass it off as a $100,000.00 Nissan sports car. Besides it's fun when people look it all over and then ask me what it is "a JAG or Maserrati?". Their eyes get big and their jaws drop when I anwser KIA!

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Great work [MENTION=1488]Stinger GT2 Modified[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
To derek0609 : No it's not a Nissan, anyone can see it's not a sports car. Nissan does not own the use of the letter "R" to signify a model in a car line up. Honda, Audi, Volkswagen, Subaru and others have "R" models, usually at the top of their sporty food chain. I modified my car to make it appear as special model made by Kia itself and not just modified by some owner. Since it is already a "GT" I just added the "R" to it to make it appear as a special top of the line model just as the other brands do. I can't make badges as nice as these so I used the GTR's. I also used Volkswagen "R" and "R line" badges too and a large Korean "Stinger" on the trunk. And Dodge "Super BEE" emblems also. (see page 7 of thread) I don't see much difference in doing this than replacing the ugly Kia standard badges with badges that most people have never seen before or can't even read. (which a lot of people seem to be doing now) I am NOT trying to pass it off as a $100,000.00 Nissan sports car. Besides it's fun when people look it all over and then ask me what it is "a JAG or Maserrati?". Their eyes get big and their jaws drop when I anwser KIA!
I don?t care what you say, you?ve ruined that car with all that Pep Boys crap all over it. Sorry but that?s my opinion. No safe spaces here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
No problem, to each his own, it's not your car so you don't have to live with it. But if you are going to give out a negative opinion than explain to this ole Arkansas boy specificly which parts you are refering to, or is it ALL the modifications? Really, don't be vague. I sincerly want to know just what you mean. Please explain futher.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
No problem, to each his own, it's not your car so you don't have to live with it. But if you are going to give out a negative opinion than explain to this ole Arkansas boy specificly which parts you are refering to, or is it ALL the modifications? Really, don't be vague. I sincerly want to know just what you mean. Please explain futher.
All the overdone red accents
Horrible cheesy rear added lights (looks a line of fire LED strip from Pep Boys)
All the Nissan GT-R badges (They?ve been on Skylines and plus new GTR since 1970, so yeah, they kinda do own the GTR thing)
The Dodge Super Bee logo plus the VW R badge (figure out what car you actually have already)
The fake CF wrap
The I wanna be a muscle car hood scoop

How?s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
derek0609: Here's my take on your six points, thanks for being more clear in your criticism that I asked for. 1. I don't agree that the "red" is over done and feed back so far does not back you up. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's your view and right to have. 2. I see where you are coming from on the rear lights, I wish they were solid lights like the tail lights. I also wish Kia had not put red plastic there like Dodge did without also making them light up as Dodge did on their's. To do it in a better way would have been too hard if not impossible for me, an indivdual. My lights are in the exact correct location, aren't visible at all in the daytime and were very easy to do. They are at least distinctive to my car even if I have to admit they could blend in better. BTW, they came from O'Rielly's not Pep Boy's. 3. In order to make a "special model" of my GT, I guess I could have just added a nonmatching "R" to the stock GT emblem but that would have been "cheesy" too. You have a point that Nisan does "kinda" own the style or shape of the badge but not the use of the letters gt&r. Don't think that is copyrighted or other brands would be in trouble. Use of the "super bee" under the hood is used in the generic sense (Stinger-get it?) not as a model name. 4. It's "Brushed Aluminum" style not fake CF! Are you against all the many auto manufactures' use of wraps or vinyl instead of more expensive painting? Guess you hate simulated wood also, even when it's very hard to tell the difference. 5. If I wanted muscle car, I would have faced the scoop forward as it was made to be mounted (not backwards). Nor would I have shaved down it's height. It's kinda of a hood bulge now. Took a lot of work to avoid the even more masculine look.
Those are my views, hope I didn't come off as being too blunt, my Mother raised me to be polite to all people.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
to derek0609: Just saw your car on another thread, I see you must not mind vinyl wrap after all or you too would not have put it on your roof also. Actually, it looks very good on yours even if vinyl is "fake" paint. I debated about using black gloss too (it matches the appearance of the sun roof well) but choose the black brushed aluminum only to be more unique. Same reason for putting it on the windshield posts and the tiny part of the fenders by them as well as over the top of the windows. Still, I don't get your "E" badges anymore than you get my "GTR" ones. What does an E (or even the stylized Ks that really look more like an L, hint Lexus) have to do with Kia that starts with a K anyway?(at least in the states?)
BTW, saw your license plate, thanks for your service and sacrifices. I was classified 4F due to medicals and can't begin to imagine what you have done or been thru but do appreciate it. Hope you have been treated better than my Vietnam contempoaries were.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
to derek0609: Just saw your car on another thread, I see you must not mind vinyl wrap after all or you too would not have put it on your roof also. Actually, it looks very good on yours even if vinyl is "fake" paint. I debated about using black gloss too (it matches the appearance of the sun roof well) but choose the black brushed aluminum only to be more unique. Same reason for putting it on the windshield posts and the tiny part of the fenders by them as well as over the top of the windows. Still, I don't get your "E" badges anymore than you get my "GTR" ones. What does an E (or even the stylized Ks that really look more like an L, hint Lexus) have to do with Kia that starts with a K anyway?(at least in the states?)
BTW, saw your license plate, thanks for your service and sacrifices. I was classified 4F due to medicals and can't begin to imagine what you have done or been thru but do appreciate it. Hope you have been treated better than my Vietnam contempoaries were.
Ok, you seem like a cool cat and I apologize for piling on your car. Everyone has their thing. The "E" badge is an ACTUAL badge used by KIA for the Korean market. Thank you as well for your service!