Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

My Stinger at the Dyno

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Took my Stinger to the Dyno last night. Weather was good so figured might as well.

My car is completely stock, so very happy with the results. Runs were done in 5th gear.

My friends Stinger with a JUN BL race exhaust dynoed right before me and made 3-4whp more, his car was not even broken in (150miles), my car has roughly 1,600miles on it.

Attachments

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
That?s really impressive which also means Kia is underrating the stock hp a bit.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Love the results as well as your color choice.

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #4
Love the results as well as your color choice.
I took a risk on the color without seeing it in person before reserving the car, it turned out very nice but very hard to keep clean.

I was expecting the car to be underrated but the torque result is what surprised me.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
WOW! This is impressive! Just to be sure, this chart is your car that is NOT modified? And this is horsepower/torque at the wheels? The reason I ask is with a typical 15% loss, horsepower at the wheels should be about 310hp and torque should be about 320 lb/ft at the wheels. Are you really getting 352hp and 383 lb/ft at the wheels??? If so...WOW!

Great color by the way. I wish we got that color here in the US.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Both torque and hp numbers look excellent. Can you share your friends dyno too?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Thanks for the share, impressive numbers indeed.

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #8
WOW! This is impressive! Just to be sure, this chart is your car that is NOT modified? And this is horsepower/torque at the wheels? The reason I ask is with a typical 15% loss, horsepower at the wheels should be about 310hp and torque should be about 320 lb/ft at the wheels. Are you really getting 352hp and 383 lb/ft at the wheels??? If so...WOW!

Great color by the way. I wish we got that color here in the US.
Yup, at the wheels [twothumb]

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #9
Both torque and hp numbers look excellent. Can you share your friends dyno too?

Unfortunately I don't have his dyno, but it is roughly 3-4whp more across the graph.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
If you factor in the usual 15% drivetrain loss that's around 400bhp.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Hopefully insurance companies don't figure out it's underrated lol they moved the Chevy SS classification up after knowing what it is and how expensive it is to replace. Fantastic numbers!

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #14
And you have NO modifications? Your car is stock???
Yes, mince is completely stock. The other car with a JUN BL cat-back made 3-4whp more across the chart.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
It might have made another 10hp if the front wheels weren?t strapped down causing smoke to pour out of the AWD transfer box [:p][hihi]
More seriously, those are good results for a stock car, and go a long way to explain the performance figures that some testers are getting.

Prewrath

Reactions
City
Scarborough
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 Stinger Limited
complete utter BS.. Your telling an little fib here..

No way in Hell does an AWD Kia Stinger or a rear wheel drive Kia Stinger make 350 plus HP at the wheels, STOCK!!!!!!

folks look at his mod list !! this is a pull after mods.. come on now don't think we are stupid!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States

No way in Hell does an AWD Kia Stinger or a rear wheel drive Kia Stinger make 350 plus HP at the wheels, STOCK!!!!!!

folks look at his mod list !! this is a pull after mods.. come on now don't think we are stupid!
You could maybe tone it down a notch, being this combative is not necessary or constructive.

If you paid attention to the post date you would see this thread was started right after the Stinger came out; at the time there were no tunes, piggybacks or anything really, other than exhaust, which he did not have at the time (he also posted a drag strip video and you can very much tell he had stock exhaust then).

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2

Welcome to the forum...making friends already, I see.

Prewrath

Reactions
City
Scarborough
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 Stinger Limited
I don't think I was being combative. I was just saying all Stingers are rated at 365 hp at crank.. and there's been lots of people that have had stock dyno's done and most are around the 320 hp at wheels so for him to say 351.9 at wheels is a little absurd, he also stated his friend had a dyno as well and he had a race exhaust.. so maybe its his dyno..

Prewrath

Reactions
City
Scarborough
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 Stinger Limited
Hmm just as I said his cars not stock here.s the video and time slips from his own messages look at the details in his description of his performance upgrades..

Mar 12, 2018

Update (Vid) 1/4 mile outing with the LAP3...!

UPDATE - Stinger went to the strip again today and managed another 12.17 with the same setup as 12.16 run, took a video this time [biggrin]

http://instagr.am/p/Bgg7fMNAlJT/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After installing the HKS M40iL plugs (gapped at 0.024) and getting the misfire issue out of the way, I decided to take the car to the strip and test it out.

Previous best run was a 12.6, car had,
1. JUN BL Race Type Cat-Back
2. 93octane + Boostane

Today the car had the same previous setup plus the LAP3, as usual removed everything I can (spare tire, head rests etc) results below,
1. 12.58 @ 111.72mph - JUN BL Catback + 93oct & Boostane - LAP3 91oct setting (7-5-5)
2. 12.48 @ 112.34mph - JUN BL Catback + 93oct & Boostane - LAP3 93oct setting (6-6-6)
3. 12.36 @ 113.53mph - JUN BL Catback + 93oct & Boostane - LAP3 93oct setting (6-6-6) - OEM panel air filter removed
4. 12.16 @ 114.58mph - JUN BL Catback + 93oct & Boostane - LAP3 93oct setting (6-6-6) - OEM panel air filter removed - 1 hour cool down

I am happy with the results [clap]