Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Door Handle Manual Key Lock Cover just fell off?

Reactions
Has anyone else had an issue with Door Handle Manual Key Lock cover falling off or broke off super easy?

I have never used this and now the cover broke off just opening my door. The clips inside the cheap plastic cover seem to have broke off for no reason.

Does anyone have ideas where I can find a replacement cover (red)? Is something like this covered under warranty?

Below is an example of the key lock cover that broke off for no reason.

doorhandle.png

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
That key hole cover is made to pop off easily so you can insert you keys in there. You'd have to order it from the dealer unless you can find some on ebay.

Maybe you can ask you dealer if they can repair it under warranty.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Mine fell off once when I was drying my car, but other than that no issues. Check with the dealer and show them the broken tab to see if they can replace it under warranty.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
No issues here.

Dealer is your best chance at finding one. The come painted.

Buzzrush

Reactions
MIne broke off so I ordered the part through the dealer as it wasn't covered by the warranty. Went to pick it up and found out they DO NOT come painted so you have to find a shop that can match it. Kind of a joke. I placed some 3M tape on it and stuck it back on. Seems to be holding really well.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
No issues on my car...

Welcome aboard @Buzzrush

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thankfully, I haven't had any problem with mine.
Welcome to the forum.

KevinHarps

Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Just had this happen while I was drying my car, bought it less than a week ago... Do you happen to know what the part number was for this piece or how much it was? Thank you!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @KevinHarps, Not sure on the part number, your best bet would be to go too the dealership an get the part number an order it yourself or have them get it for you..

Reactions
Weird. I’ve had my handles off multiple times through three different wraps. No issues so far

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Just had this happen while I was drying my car, bought it less than a week ago... Do you happen to know what the part number was for this piece or how much it was? Thank you!
I’d talk to the dealership. That’s not cool on a car less than a week old.