Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How to unlock doors?

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
Guys,

I drove to the shops to pick up family. The locked doors prevented their entry. I was able to reach over and open the front passenger door but this didn't unlock the rear doors. I searched in vain for a door release button on the dash. When I want to let people into the car, is there a button I can press to unlock passenger doors?

If not, what's the trick? My last car (Ford FG XR6 Turbo) had a button on the dash that unlocked passenger doors.

PAH

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Page 4-18 of your manual should help.

OP
P

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
Thread Starter #3
DJL. Thanks heaps. Apologies for asking. Now that you've shown me, I do remember reading these pages. I'm still learning where everything is in the car. I had a similar issue with the mirrors. Couldn't get them to fold out after I started the car ... and I found the required switch in the same group.

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
The doors should also unlock automatically when you put it in park - though you can also disable that feature (which I did).

I've had mine for almost 6 months and still need to look up something on occasion.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
The doors should also unlock automatically when you put it in park - though you can also disable that feature (which I did).

I've had mine for almost 6 months and still need to look up something on occasion.
Disabling that is country specific.

In Canada - you can not disable the auto locks.

You can chose between auto lock when put into drive or auto lock when exceed 15 km/hr... But you can not disable.

Also, for unlocking, Canadians can chose between unlocking automatically when putting transmission in park, or unlocking automatically when turning off the vehicle.

I would rather disable the entire auto lock/unlock system, but that is not permitted in Canadian Stingers.

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
I don't think I can disable the auto locking, only the unlocking and for that I have the same options you do.

mkotek

Reactions
City
Warsaw
State
Non-US
Country
Poland
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT
In Europe is the same like in Canada

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk