Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who else in CA is getting filling up all their cars this weekend before the tax kicks in?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Anyone else doing that?:LOL:

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
Illinois has a similar tax going into effect, from $0.19 to $0.38...ouch

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
It hadn’t gone into effect yet?!

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
Does anyone still live in CA? If yes WHY?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
@CKeeler how do people afford to drive their? :unsure:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
By going into debt.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Sounds like it's time to move. [wave][burnout]

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Believe me, if I had a job to go to, I’d be gone

Reactions
City
Dallas/Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
'18 Stinger GT2 HiChroma Red
Jeez. I'm so glad I escaped to Freer America, in the form of the DFW Metroplex. Born and raised in San Diego county, but dear ghawd, the lunacy really started increasing logarithmically after I left in late 2014. I'd say I missed the weather, but growing up in Escondido, ~20 miles inland, the weather wasn't too terribly different than it is here in Dallas, save for the fact that Dallas gets a ton more rain year round, and it can get a little colder on average in the late winter months, though not always.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Jeez. I'm so glad I escaped to Freer America, in the form of the DFW Metroplex. Born and raised in San Diego county, but dear ghawd, the lunacy really started increasing logarithmically after I left in late 2014. I'd say I missed the weather, but growing up in Escondido, ~20 miles inland, the weather wasn't too terribly different than it is here in Dallas, save for the fact that Dallas gets a ton more rain year round, and it can get a little colder on average in the late winter months, though not always.
That’s where I’m thinking of looking. Just south of Fort Worth. My wife and I got lucky when the housing market was still down. We now have around $200k in equity. That should give us a good chunk to put down

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The nice thing about moving to Texas is when you buy a house it comes with land, depending on where you buy of course, but you still get a lot of house for the money.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The nice thing about moving to Texas is when you buy a house it comes with land, depending on where you buy of course, but you still get a lot of house for the money.
That’s why one of my family members told me to look south of Fort Worth. Praying about it for sure