Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What features/options would you like to see in the next Stinger?

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Apparently putting the car in sports mode and disabling ESC puts the gearbox in manual mode.
Not for the GT2. I have turned off all the nannies, but it still switches back to auto when I come to a complete stop.

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
More HP & an sport+ mode, a dual clutch an faster shifting transmission, better suspension, like every mode you switch to it changes the dynamic's of the suspension. lighten up the car, maybe 3500 pounds & better gas millage, there are V8's out their that get better gas millage then the Stinger..
Agree, a faster tranny would be nice. Along with dropping a couple hundred pounds.

I am interested in which V8 vehicles you have found that are better than 17/25. I don't think they exist.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
They need to add an ability to permanently disable auto start stop.

edge9421

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I would be ok if it was configured for each driving mode. On for Eco, off for Sport, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY20 Stinger GT
The problem with this is that if they do, then their fuel usage rating has to be done with it disabled. It won't happen.

Some people have stuck a piece of rubber or plastic underneath the button, some people wedge it down with a card slipped into the side.

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY20 Stinger GT
Not for the GT2. I have turned off all the nannies, but it still switches back to auto when I come to a complete stop.
This may be an Australian-spec thing then. It works on my GT (which is the Aussie equivalent of the GT2).

Reactions
  • Optional front and rear mechanical LSD for AWD. My STI had them.
  • USB and accessory power in the center console. My 2007 mazda3 had them.
  • Rear window wiper.
  • Oil filter on top of the engine bay like other modern vehicles.
  • Wagon option. Sportback is just OK, but wagon kicks its ass for cargo capacity.
  • Sunroof delete option for GT1/GT2

Last edited:

Ed B

Reactions
City
Mechanicsburg
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2
Apparently putting the car in sports mode and disabling ESC puts the gearbox in manual mode.
Problem is that the shifting input from the paddle shifter is sent to Korea via satelite, where a committee of experts then evaluates when the shift should happen. The shift signal is sent back at the agreed-upon time (after a short debate), but the signal (for some unknown reason) has to bounce off Mars before being sent to the car's control center, whereupon the 0.10-second shift is initiated.

Ed B

Reactions
City
Mechanicsburg
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2
I love my Stinger, but these details would have made it more perfect:

Note, I've edited the original copy below (whatever that means) to suit my preferences.

• Optional hi-po brake pads for street/ track days. Include brake cooling ducting for brakes with the hi-po pad option.
• Remember the driving mode between restarts.
• Remember the setting for engine stop-start (ISG) between restarts. I HATE using my starter motor because I stopped for 1/2 second at the end of a parking lot lane!
• Remember setting for auto-hold between restarts. Maybe make it more clear what this function does, as well. Anybody?
• UVO features that aren’t lobotomized (why didn’t USA get useful features like remote start via UVO like other countries?)
• Wireless apple car play/ Android car, because my wife has iPhone and iPad, but I prefer Android, but sometimes the phones are already charged.
• Wifi/cellular in the car so UVO doesn’t need my phone plugged in to function.
• A nav system that doesn’t block operation while driving so my passenger can make adjustments. I'd even be OK with this locking out if the passenger seat is empty (the car knows).
• $20 map updates, because $175 every couple years is ridiculous. I’ll probably never update my maps because of this and keep using Google maps on my phone.
• Keep following gap for adaptive cruise to prevent tailgating (I'm really drafting, but they don't know it). No gap will keep some jerks from cutting in front of you and 1.5 seconds seems fine while allowing us retain some situational awareness.
• Manually shifting gears would be far more useful if there was a mode where it completely turned off automatic shifting unless actually redlining or lugging. When I'm shifting manually I don't want any automatic shifting, but it's a good compromise to have the auto-shifting if the RPM's are unsuitable for the current gear. PS, when the car was brand new it still let me lug it because I forgot I had switched to manual shift.
Paddle shifters are cool, keep them. Make them actually have control of the car's shifting.
• Display a "high mount" rear camera view onto the rearview mirror. Can’t tell if a car is behind me until they are on my bumper, and can’t see the light bar on police cars until they light it up and flood my car with the insanely bright lights.
• Would love to have access to video, lap timer, and g-meter display from all 5 built-in cameras to record my drives. Are there 5 cameras? I thought it was 4.

Someone said "USB and power in the center console". My GT2 has them, with a pretty sliding cover to boot. This must already be an option?
I think keeping the 4-cylinder option makes sense (even though I would never want it).
I don't see how they would put all the features this car has and make it weigh 500 lbs less at this price point, so I disagree with this suggestion as well. I'm part of the struggling middle class, don't have a second car (although I do ride a Ducati in the summer months) and pretty much broke the bank to get the KIA. So, most of all don't do anything that ups the price point unless it's optional equipment (like the hi-po brake pads I suggested).

Reactions
City
St. Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
I would like them to disable the auto start/stop when a turn signal is active. I hate coming to a full stop at a stop sign only for the engine to cut off when I'm just there to make a turn.

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
If that was offered it might tempt me to trade in my current one
My last car (not a Kia) was available with either a 6 speed manual or a ZF 6 speed auto. I demanded a manual so the dealer found me one. It was the worst mistake I could have made because the manual car is slower, it suffers from transmission rollover noise and driveline shunt. The ZF 6 speed auto on the other hand is quicker, has no transmission rollover noise and the torque converter masks any driveline shunt. I wish I'd bought the auto with that car. I think that the Stinger auto in Sports Mode is great.