Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

UVO Vehicle Diagnostics

rkjack1

Reactions
City
Lakeland
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Hello,

I am a new 2019 Stinger GT1 owner as of last month. I am really enjoying the car. I am trying to get the "Vehicle Diagnostics" feature to run in UVO. However, it never works. I updated the software and rebooted the head unit, but it still doesn't work. It just displays, "Vehicle Diagnostics Unsuccessful. Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem before and know what to do to fix it?

All Menus -> UVO -> Vehicle Diagnostics

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Congratulations on your purchase, UVO is worthless in the USA, It only works in Europe.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Congratulations on your purchase, UVO is worthless in the USA, It only works in Europe.
and Canada.
it "works" but still kinda useless

The remote features are not useless - like remote start. But those were recently re-branded to "Kia Connect" - formerly called "UVO Intelligence"

My current health report (kinda useless)
1640185437604.png
Screenshot_20211222-100915_Kia Connect.jpg Screenshot_20211222-100932_Kia Connect.jpg Screenshot_20211222-101735_Kia Connect.jpg

Last edited:
OP
R

rkjack1

Reactions
City
Lakeland
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was an issue or not. Enjoying the car for sure.

OP
R

rkjack1

Reactions
City
Lakeland
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #5
and Canada.
it "works" but still kinda useless

The remote features are not useless - like remote start. But those were recently re-branded to "Kia Connect" - formerly called "UVO Intelligence"

My current health report (kinda useless)
View attachment 4882
View attachment 4883 View attachment 4884 View attachment 4885
Thanks. I bought the car used. The Kia UVO app has the wrong mileage in it, so I was trying to update it with what the car has listed. I thought I could do that by running the vehicle diagnostics.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Thanks. I bought the car used. The Kia UVO app has the wrong mileage in it, so I was trying to update it with what the car has listed. I thought I could do that by running the vehicle diagnostics.
To update mileage you have to connect it every time you use it..

OP
R

rkjack1

Reactions
City
Lakeland
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #7
To update mileage you have to connect it every time you use it..
Thank you. I took it to the dealer yesterday. They didn’t know how to fix the vehicle diagnostics issue, so they had to open a ticket with Kia. He told me to connect it, via the usb cable, but it didn’t update the mileage. Do you know what I have to do when it is connected to have it update? I probably won’t do it very often since it is manual, but I’d like to know how to do it. I didn’t see anything in the manual on it.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Sign to UVO via USB cable why the car is running & it should update the mileage.

OP
R

rkjack1

Reactions
City
Lakeland
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #9
Sign to UVO via USB cable why the car is running & it should update the mileage.
Thanks. I’ll give that a shot. It may be that it doesn’t because I have apple CarPlay enabled or something like that too. No biggie though. I love the car.

AlanG

Reactions
City
Delray Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT
I connect my phone to my car and try to run diagnostics and I get a message that diagnostics failed. Car mileage and other information has not been saved.