Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Is it possible to access the UVO Engineering Mode in the Stinger?

K8AR

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Anyone been able to access the UVO Engineering Mode in the Stinger?

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
I’d assume it’s similar to other Kia’s. What are you hoping to unlock or tweak?

robz32

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Not yet on the Stinger.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Since we're on this subject.... Is the UVO anything more than voice controls?

Koreandude

Reactions
We bought a used 2016 Sorento EX-T last Oct. Downloaded the UVO app and couldn't get it to work. Seemed pretty underwhelming.

Now that I own a 2019 Stinger GT, I haven't even bothered with UVO. Am I missing out on anything? The standard radio infotainment and Android Auto functions do work really well and have kept me busy.

Issemann

Reactions
I'm interested to know as well. After two days of using the app, it appears I can't use it to locate my vehicle. (is that correct, or am I just a dummy?)

CKeeler

Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
It’s dumb. Don’t even bother with it. Americans got screwed with the UVO app. There are other features other countries get that the US doesn’t.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
In Canada the UVO app for the stinger is great.

Can remote start, set the HVAC temperature, turn on the heated steering wheel and rear defrost..
Even has multiple profiles for the remote starting.

Sends a reminder notification approx 30 seconds after you walk away from the car if you forget to lock the doors.
Can locate the car - not sure why you would need this - maybe if you loose your car or it gets stolen?

KIA Stinger Forum Posts