Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Thinking about a Stinger GT, have one for an overnight test drive

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Greeting everyone, took a AWD GT for test drive and enjoyed it. I like it enough that the dealer noticed and allowed me to take it for an over night test drive. What can you guys tell me about the car from your perspective and should I but it? Thanks!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Don't take our word for anything. Spend some quality time on YouTube and look at professional reviews of the Stinger. Try C&D, MotorTrend, MotorWeek, and any others that pop up -- ANY others. Then come back and tell US what you think. [like]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
While I agree with the comment above our input is as valid as those from the reviewers, as we actually have the long term point of view from the car and IMHO it is as important.

The aspect I like most about the Stinger is the fact that is a well balanced car, great for the city and fun when you are feeling the need for speed. To top it off the value it offers when it comes to features is unbeatable.

I can go on and on, but that is the summarized version.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
It's either the Stinger or an SS. You live in Michigan so there's your answer lol

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That was a good move on your dealer's part. An overnight test drive gives you a chance to pick up on things you would have missed on a quick drive.

That said, from MY perspective, the Stinger is a great car with only a few shortcomings. Personally I cringe everytime I see a bump ahead because I know it's going to send an uncomfortable jolt through the whole car. Then there's the HK system, which is just decent; I'm always glad I didn't pay extra for it. The climate control is maddening; there's supposedly a way to disable the auto-ventilation but it hasn't worked for me--every few minutes it switches from recirc to fresh air, even though I DON'T want it.

These are just a few of my small nitpicks. Overall it's a great car and I'd buy it again.

Good luck!