Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

The Fuel Grade Poll

Which fuel grade you are using?

• Regular Unleaded

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mid-Grade Unleaded

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Premium Unleaded

Votes: 98 78.4%
  • E85

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Happy Monday everyone! Hope that you all had a very blessed Easter!

Okay, so I got my first response from the engineer's. It looks like the advertised ratings are using RON95 fuel (91 US octane). So, anything higher would theoretically INCREASE ratings.

More when I get it!
Woohoo!! Thanks for finally getting the official (and expected) answer from KIA. Please ask them what the numbers are/should be at 87 octane.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2

Okay, so I got my first response from the engineer's. It looks like the advertised ratings are using RON95 fuel (91 US octane). So, anything higher would theoretically INCREASE ratings.

More when I get it!
That makes sense since it's CA's highest fuel grade at most pumps. Thanks for checking for us.

Nardo

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany

More when I get it!
I believe that using higher octame does not increase ratings if the used RON 95 for set up etc. In this case the ECU is set up for RON 95 and anything better will not help.
However, using regular should certainly decrease ratings.

Anyway, I personally would not pay for premium if regular works for everyday driving just fine.

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Mine will be 98, highest available in Oz.
Intending returning mods like intake and exhaust with a unichip piggy back system.
Then again i always drive like i stole it. So safer that way
Cheers

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Mine will be 98, highest available in Oz.
Intending returning mods like intake and exhaust with a unichip piggy back system.
Then again i always drive like i stole it. So safer that way
Cheers
What's cost per liter over there?

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
At the moment over Easter holidays its higher as people travel but regular unleaded 91 is $1.42 per litre.
95 is $1.50 ish
But premium 98 $1.60

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Not sure if the stinger can handle E10
10% ethanol blend 95
Normally slightly cheaper

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
At the moment over Easter holidays its higher as people travel but regular unleaded 91 is $1.42 per litre.
95 is $1.50 ish
But premium 98 $1.60
Thanks for that, really makes me appreciate how much we're paying here. $2.25 per gallon for 93 octane.

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
We sell our gas (propane) cheaper to other nations but pay more for domestic use. You got to love the way the government works

But hey

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
We sell our gas (propane) cheaper to other nations but pay more for domestic use. You got to love the way the government works

But hey
Sounds just like Canada where we pay more for fuel even though we produced the oil.

Nardo

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
Germany:

Ron 95 E10: USD 1,58/l
Ron 95 E5: USD 1,60/l
Ron 98 E5: USD 1,70/l

I am using the cheapest :)

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
When I made my purchase my car cam with only .25 tank so the dealer drove me to a gas station to fill up after my purchase and I asked the sales person what octain it took and he told me regular, I was surprised he said that especially it being a twin turbo V-6. I was like no way supreme all the way lol. And car rides great with it.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise

More when I get it!
Question: it says to not add any fuel additives, (except KIA products of course). Is there any harm in adding ?octane booster?, or ?Techron? to the fuel tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT1 AWD
I understand that KIA dealers add Techron during routine service .

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Bulllit

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
Problem is no new refineries have been built since the 80's and because of the "not in my back yard" movement it ain't going to change any time soon in Canada

Bulllit

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
I've seen cars that have a sticker Premium Recommended and thats one of the first things I checked for on the Stinger, so I've been using regular. Price is the biggest thing, at todays prices 50l of regular would be $60.45 and premium $70.80. 50L's of fuel is about 13 gals US. When I pop over to Niagara Falls NY I always fill up with premium.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
I run 4 gallons of e85 and top off with 93

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Sounds just like Canada where we pay more for fuel even though we produced the oil.
I paid 1.53$/litre for 91 octan near Montreal

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Not sure whether it's been stated but you should be using both premium and top-tier fuel (see owners manual)

https://www.toptiergas.com/

If you can't afford to take care of a vehicle you shouldn't buy it. Sorry if this is too direct for some to hear

I'll just add that we all know the stinger is a special car, would hope folks take care of it not just for themselves, but for future owners. Using proper fuel is one of the easiest ways to maintain your vehicle

My wife complains about going out of the way for top tier, but it's much better than a gummed-up engine; and I wouldn't bank on the 10yr warranty to bail you out as the manual does advise top tier fuel