Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sport Mode Default?

Reactions
City
Augusta
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger GT2
Hi everyone - new 2021 GT2 owner. Had it about 5 weeks now and love it. There are not many around where I live, so it's definitely a head turner.

Question: I prefer Sport mode 90% of the time. But it will only default to Eco or Comfort. Any way around this?

IMG_2084.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, yes there is a way around it, contact @Chris71

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I have a module that another stinger made and produces. It remembers last drive mode, auto stop mode, and engine on/off mode! It's awesome and less than $100.
So I am always in sport mode, my auto hold always on, and my stupid engine on/off is always off so my engine never cuts off:) it's awesome!

Here is his web link:
https://stinger.store/

OP
MikeLIght77
Reactions
City
Augusta
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4
That link worked the day you posted it, but it's not working right now... weird?
About that module - does it void the warranty or anything like that? I know there are some modules that fry the computer and rewrite stuff, and there are others that just go on top of the existing firmware. And if I take it in for service, do I have to take it off?
Thanks!

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
There is a stinger owner who had is sunroof rattle claim denied because he was on lowering springs, even though Kia is fully aware that the rattle was a big issue on 2018 cars. My point is Kia is garbage at honoring warranties, it can also depend on dealerships.
I could write a book on it:)
Bottom line is, if you mod your car you take a risk...and guys, in 2000 I went to through this with an attorney for 8 months against Ford and won, I'm fully aware of the mag-moss act and our rights, this is not a debate about that:). Kia knows most won't spend the money to fight their decisions, if they choose to not honor your warranty it's up to you to decide what your willing to do. This is the short answer, lol

As far as this mod, it's safe but you can email Joe from his website if you want specific information as to how it is interacting with the system.
I'll check the link, find out what's up.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Joe's bank blocked his squarespace charge, thought was fraud:) it's cleared up now, link is working. He said thanks for heads up

Memory Module/auto on-off/auto hold
https://stinger.store/

Reactions
City
McKinney
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Kia Stinger
Link is not working. Anyone know if it is still possible to get one of these?