Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Smart cruise control

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
I have a 2022 stinger gt2. I am trying to turn off the SCC. I have called my dealer and we tried what the manual says and i have emailed kia direct. Nothing has worked. Does anyone know the proper procedure to put the cruise control back to the old way. i cannot stand the SCC. Thanks

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
What happens when you press and hold for 2 seconds? (green)

1631730215301.png

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
It looks like you would have to disable the smart cruise control EVERY drive cycle. Seems it can not be disabled (orange) as a default.

1631730858893.png

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the info, i will try it and let you know.

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #5
I tried what you sent but it did not work. On the 2022 as soon as you press the cruise button the system turns on and hitting the distance button only changes the distance. I guess i will have to try the service dept at my dealer. Thanks

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
I tried what you sent but it did not work. On the 2022 as soon as you press the cruise button the system turns on and hitting the distance button only changes the distance. I guess i will have to try the service dept at my dealer. Thanks
hitting? or holding?

pressing the button cycles through the distances.

Holding the button for 2 seconds switches to cruise control, from smart cruise control.

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #7
Do you have a 2022? I tried holding it but nothing happened. I know they made some electronic changes to the audio like removing the aux jack so they might changed other software. If i am not moving it just says conditions not correct for scc. If i am driving as soon as i hit the cruise button the system turns on at whatever speed i am going and holding the distance button does nothing.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Do you have a 2022? I tried holding it but nothing happened. I know they made some electronic changes to the audio like removing the aux jack so they might changed other software. If i am not moving it just says conditions not correct for scc. If i am driving as soon as i hit the cruise button the system turns on at whatever speed i am going and holding the distance button does nothing.
Well I certainly hope they did not remove the ability to use regular cruise control.
All winter long when the front sensor is covered in snow - the SCC will not work due to the sensor being covered in snow. (depending where you live of course)

Mine is a 2018 model.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I found the '22 manual online and it looks like they changed how to cancel SCC. Instead of holding the distance button, you hold the button to the left of it, the one right under the 'OK' toggle.

If your cruise sets automatically as soon as you turn it on, try tapping the brake to disable it. Then, once it's disabled, try holding the button for 2 or more seconds. It SHOULD then cancel SCC and flash 'cruise control'.

Good luck.

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #10
I will try that today. Thanks

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #11
Just tried it, did not work. What page of the manual did you see this?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Lol what in the world is going on with your cruise. Here's the manual I found....

Screenshot_20210921-125241.png

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #13
Just tried it. Pressing and holding button f does nothing, no changes.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Just tried it. Pressing and holding button f does nothing, no changes.
your car is broke

Let the dealer handle this malfunction

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #15
That was my next step. Thank you all for your help.

Darkfleet

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT Line
Did you ever get this issue fixed? I am having the same issue and can't figure it out. Pressing the SCC then holding the steering tightened button does not transition over.

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #17
Not yet, it goes to the dealer next week. I will update then.

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #18
Well all just got back from the dealer and according to them you cannot turn off scc and go back to old type. scc is the only cruise they have on the car and it started in 2021. Bummer

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That makes NO sense at all, there's a way to turn off every other driving aid with these cars, why would they make SCC non-defeatable. I did some looking around and apparently it's the same on the new K5, and owners hate it.

If enough people complain maybe they'll release a software update, especially since it's SUPPOSED to be defeatable, since there are instructions on how to do it in the manuals.

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #20
I agree, even the service writer at the dealer said that. Her boyfriend has a new K5 and hates the SCC.