Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Smart cruise control

OnnoP

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
2018 AWD GT(2)
That would almost be a reason not to buy the car….
I only use the smart mode in traffic jam or road-works. During normal driving it is extremely annoying to me and anyone following me since it brakes/decelerates too soon

Reactions
City
Perth
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT
I don't use cruise control anymore but SCC makes normal CC redundant. There's no need for both.

KIA did the right thing.

OnnoP

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
2018 AWD GT(2)
Probably depends on the country you live in and/or the traffic density. The more traffic the more useless SCC is imho.
With low traffic and ‘keep your lane’ system and little speed difference it is probably perfect.

OP
K

krazy04c5

Reactions
City
mays landing
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 stinger gt2
Thread Starter #24
My experience is that here in the northeast you can be doing 70-75 leaving proper space and someone will go to fill that space and the SCC jams on the brakes hard. That can be an accident waiting to happen. It may be redundant but i see SCC being there for people who dont pay attention to cars around them. Just another example of people trusting computers instead of being responsible for their actions.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I have only used SCC a handful of times in 4 years, to be honest. The only times I've found it useful were those rare times I'm stuck in slow-moving traffic, like when people are rubbernecking an accident.

Other than that, I don't much care for it. People here will quickly jump in between you and the car ahead if there's enough space; this of course makes the system freak out and brake hard. And that's definitely not good when you have someone riding your bumper at 70, who's very likely not paying attention.