Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Rattling under front passenger seat at higher speeds.

Reactions
City
Las Cruces
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
This is my second Stinger and both cars have had the same issue. I had it on the 2018 and my 2019 does the same. When driving on the freeway/highway from about 60mph or more, there is the most annoying rattling from under the front passenger seat. Anyone else have this issue/solution?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Don’t have that problem at all. Surprising that both Stingers have the same issue. Have you alerted the dealer about it?

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
is it like a humming..pulsing kind of?

OP
L
Reactions
City
Las Cruces
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #4
Yes. They said it's from road vibration. Go figure.
Don’t have that problem at all. Surprising that both Stingers have the same issue. Have you alerted the dealer about it?

OP
L
Reactions
City
Las Cruces
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #5
is it like a humming..pulsing kind of?
No it rattles. It almost seems like air is coming in from somewhere. it gets worse the faster I go. If you've ever removed a door panel to fix anything then had rattling inside of the door, it sounds just like that but under the seat.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
ive brought my stinger in for highway noise, they told me it diddnt exsist. ended up at one of my buddies alignment shop and i had the toe of the right side of the car pulling against the toe on the left, essentially the wheels were pointed out in opposite directions. performed an alignment an everything was smoothe again. then i installed eibachs springs and what a nightmare! the whole front end shakes now . I thought it was a "stinger" it might just be a "kia"?

OP
L
Reactions
City
Las Cruces
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #7
ive brought my stinger in for highway noise, they told me it diddnt exsist. ended up at one of my buddies alignment shop and i had the toe of the right side of the car pulling against the toe on the left, essentially the wheels were pointed out in opposite directions. performed an alignment an everything was smoothe again. then i installed eibachs springs and what a nightmare! the whole front end shakes now . I thought it was a "stinger" it might just be a "kia"?
Damn that sucks. My eibach springs come in today. I'll let you know what happens after install.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I've had the Eibach springs installed on my car since July 2019 & I've never heard a rattle coming from the suspension. The only time I heard anything was when one of my Whiteline Sway Bar Endlinks came loose in the front of the car. It felt & sounded like something was hitting the bottom of the car.

Snowwhite

Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 RWD
did you realign after the eibach install?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1