Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger underbody panels/skid plates

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I just hit a chunk of ice on a Chicago highway and bent/tore the underbody fabric-esque panel just behind the front axle. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket vendor making aluminum skid plates or replacements for the OEM part. The ones that come from the factory legitimately suck and coming from a Subaru, there were plenty of options that bolted on with minimal modification.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
OP
S
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
But so far no vendor has expressed any interest on making one [???:)]
Extremely disappointing, but it's a new platform. Hopefully builders continue to expand offerings as time goes on. I, personally, was EXTREMELY happy seeing the Stinger logo on SSR Performance's site. It's amongst great company haha.

Related: do you (or any other members here) know what the part number is for those or know where I could order one online? I hope to replace the part myself as I need to have the dealer look into an odd noise I'm hearing from the front axle area when shifting from reverse to drive and I don't want them to think whatever I hit caused it haha.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 AWD
Extremely disappointing, but it's a new platform. Hopefully builders continue to expand offerings as time goes on. I, personally, was EXTREMELY happy seeing the Stinger logo on SSR Performance's site. It's amongst great company haha.

Related: do you (or any other members here) know what the part number is for those or know where I could order one online? I hope to replace the part myself as I need to have the dealer look into an odd noise I'm hearing from the front axle area when shifting from reverse to drive and I don't want them to think whatever I hit caused it haha.
Great parts resource...
https://www.kiaautopartsaccessories.com/v-2018-kia-stinger--gt2--3-3l-v6-gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Well, it seems like this is about to change. There is a vendor that is looking into making these.[woot]
Hence my post about needing a Stinger 3.3 and 2.0 in the Ohio area.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Well, it seems like this is about to change. There is a vendor that is looking into making these.[woot]
Hence my post about needing a Stinger 3.3 and 2.0 in the Ohio area.
[MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] can you share the brand? Curious to see what other products they've built.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The vendor is ZSpeed Performance. They are very well known in the Nissan/Infiniti world and I personally have some of their cars on my vehicles and the quality and customer support is top notch.

CrashCade

Reactions
City
Idaho falls
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger, 2016 BMW X5 35d M
Did this ever go anywhere?
The vendor is ZSpeed Performance. They are very well known in the Nissan/Infiniti world and I personally have some of their cars on my vehicles and the quality and customer support is top notch.