Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

oem horn is embarassing

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I saw this thread and went and tooted mine. I thought it sounded normal enough too.. I mean the car is a sport sedan, I don't want it sounding like a Freightliner.
Why not? 😁

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
OP
U
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
guy in this video is correct, the kia horn sounds like a 1962 VW.

the PIAAS sound way better.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
another great option

Ed B

Reactions
City
Mechanicsburg
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2
Anyone else think the OEM horn is weak? Every time I use it it sounds embarassing and not up to the standards of the stinger. everyone who has heard it agrees.
I always find it's most embarrassing, no matter what I am driving, to actually use the horn -- the horn is just a way to loudly proclaim that you haven't been paying attention (your surprised by someone's move) or to say "hey, my time is more valuable than yours and you're wasting it!" (observe others if you don't believe me). I do sometimes give a quick "double toot" to alert someone else that they haven't been paying attention, though -- just a polite "hey, the light's been green for 10 seconds now, any plan of moving on with your day?".

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
I always find it's most embarrassing, no matter what I am driving, to actually use the horn -- the horn is just a way to loudly proclaim that you haven't been paying attention (your surprised by someone's move) or to say "hey, my time is more valuable than yours and you're wasting it!" (observe others if you don't believe me). I do sometimes give a quick "double toot" to alert someone else that they haven't been paying attention, though -- just a polite "hey, the light's been green for 10 seconds now, any plan of moving on with your day?".
What do you do when someone is drifting into your lane? Like this -

Or this? -

Or this -

Or this - previous car -

Ed B

Reactions
City
Mechanicsburg
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2
What do you do when someone is drifting into your lane? Like this -

Or this? -

Or this -

Or this - previous car -
If that many people are "drifting" into my lane, then I ask myself, "how can I position my car so that people better see me?" Note that I find people are most "comfortable" when they feel like they are in a "controlling position" where they can really "see" the car beside them -- that means put them on their 11 o'clock, or 1 o'clock. That means that most people are most "comfortable" when they are hiding in that car's blind spot -- that's really bad. You do get much better at this if you survive motorcycle riding for any length of time. Note, the last example is not really just "drifting", but notice "our" vehicle is in a terrible position -- if this happens to YOU a lot then I suggest you rethink your positioning strategy -- if you don't have one then I suggest you develop one before a "surprise move" by another driver kills you. I would definitely worry more about braking in the last example rather than simply diverting attention to playing with the horn -- it's not going to stop them anyway.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I honk at people that deserve it

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
If that many people are "drifting" into my lane, then I ask myself, "how can I position my car so that people better see me?" Note that I find people are most "comfortable" when they feel like they are in a "controlling position" where they can really "see" the car beside them -- that means put them on their 11 o'clock, or 1 o'clock. That means that most people are most "comfortable" when they are hiding in that car's blind spot -- that's really bad. You do get much better at this if you survive motorcycle riding for any length of time. Note, the last example is not really just "drifting", but notice "our" vehicle is in a terrible position -- if this happens to YOU a lot then I suggest you rethink your positioning strategy -- if you don't have one then I suggest you develop one before a "surprise move" by another driver kills you. I would definitely worry more about braking in the last example rather than simply diverting attention to playing with the horn -- it's not going to stop them anyway.
In the last example, at 5 kph, why brake when could just casually steer left?