Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

No automatic door lock feature in the Kia Stinger?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
This was during a demo test drive with Kia dealer salesmen. The Kia representative gave some BS line, but I guess at 0:15 the salesman asked about the lack of auto door lock feature in the Kia Stinger. Maybe it wasn't activated?
[video=youtube;fG1WhKWKSyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1WhKWKSyw[/video]

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Is it bad that I wanted them to SHUT UP so we could hear the engine/exhaust..lol

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I assume you mean do the doors lock after you start driving? It does. They must not have had it activated. According to the manual I downloaded online, there are a few different ways to have the doors automatically lock/unlock once you get in (like putting it in drive (lock)/park (unlock), going a certain speed, etc). Excuse the post if that's not what you meant...

OP
VegasStinger

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I assume you mean do the doors lock after you start driving? It does. They must not have had it activated. According to the manual I downloaded online, there are a few different ways to have the doors automatically lock/unlock once you get in (like putting it in drive (lock)/park (unlock), going a certain speed, etc). Excuse the post if that's not what you meant...
Thanks for confirming [MENTION=254]BriTay[/MENTION], that is indeed what I meant. This whole removing of features thing from Kia is giving me anxiety lol.

Is it bad that I wanted them to SHUT UP so we could hear the engine/exhaust..lol
The exhaust did sound good.