Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New Stinger GT2 AWD owner from SoCal

PatriotOne

Reactions
City
Orange County
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2 AWD
Long time BMW M owner switched to a fully loaded Stinger GT2 AWD approx. 6 weeks ago and loving the experience. I have the ceramic silver with red leather interior and I've dropped a couple hundred horses but not really missing it. Thinking about installing the Canbus control unit and would love to do something to make the fake plastic hood vents come to life, if anyone has any ideas.

20190803_113541 (2).jpg 20190803_113616.jpg

Last edited:

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome and congrats, great color choice. You can get those horses back with a couple simple mods, an aftermarket intake, down pipes, catback exhaust and the best mod is a JB4. I do believe their is one guy in the forum that had the canbus installed but you have a GT2 you shouldn't need it sense your car already has most of those features. You would be better off going with an aftermarket carbon fiber hood, their was someone that was going to try making those plastic vents functional but it was going to cost a bit of money, the carbon hood would be cheaper.

Make sure you put a oil catch can on the PCV side of the engine, I don't know if you have done it already.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Welcome! I put the Kingsman carbon hood vents on, but spiddy is right the most economical solution is a new hood, I could have almost bought a carbon fiber hood for what the vents cost lol but my wife would notice a new hood and it would not go well for me:)

I have the carbon mirror caps, grill trim and side vents too.
I like the look

Jb4 for sure man! It's awesome, cheap and easy to install. @$700 but adds 100hp and 100tq to rear.

Great looking car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Welcome and congratulations! What part of SoCal. I’m just north of Temecula

robz32