Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New owner ~ 2019 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD {Ext: Ceramic Silver/ Int: Red}

Jared T

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Hey guys,
New to the Stinger lifestyle. Big upgrade from the 2014 Chevy Cruze I had.:ROFLMAO: Starting to learn the vehicle modding game as well. Any first ideas would be great. I already ordered some basics like the “E” badge and the larger “Stinger” badge in carbon fiber as well as some interior touch ups as well. Thanks in advance for any further guidance!

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations on your purchase! Great color combo. Even if your mods are as simple as drop in filters and a rear sway bar, you’ll be super happy

OP
Jared T

Jared T

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
Congratulations on your purchase! Great color combo. Even if your mods are as simple as drop in filters and a rear sway bar, you’ll be super happy
Thanks man! And I appreciate the advice!(y)(y)

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Got intakes, went back to stock for a couple days and was surprised at how much the response suffered going back to the stock airbox, it is very restrictive! Going backwards I could really tell, would be my first upgrade.
And amazing car, welcome to the club:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Starting to learn the vehicle modding game as well. Any first ideas would be great
If I were you my first mod would be a ADD W1 V3 OIL Catch Can on the PCV side of the engine. That will keep oil going from the crank case to the manifold, that happens when the car is under boost, so if you have a heavy foot it will push vaper and oil up through the hose to the manifold. There is a thread on catch can, read about then, watch some videos to get a better understanding on how they work. Hope this helps....

OP
Jared T

Jared T

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #6
Got intakes, went back to stock for a couple days and was surprised at how much the response suffered going back to the stock airbox, it is very restrictive! Going backwards I could really tell, would be my first upgrade.
And amazing car, welcome to the club:)

Thanks man! Which intakes did you use? I was looking at those red Injen ram horn looking ones.

OP
Jared T

Jared T

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #7
If I were you my first mod would be a ADD W1 V3 OIL Catch Can on the PCV side of the engine. That will keep oil going from the crank case to the manifold, that happens when the car is under boost, so if you have a heavy foot it will push vaper and oil up through the hose to the manifold. There is a thread on catch can, read about then, watch some videos to get a better understanding on how they work. Hope this helps....
Yes I was actually wondering about those! Do you know if they void anything on your vehicles warranty? I see a lot of mods i want to make but i also want to keep my warranty intact as well:unsure:

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thanks man! Which intakes did you use? I was looking at those red Injen ram horn looking ones.
Injens are awesome, had them, sold mine...long story, I'm weird:) any work, HP/TQ gains mean less than the increased response you get from opening up the air flow:)
I switched to BMS intakes, not as sharp looking as the injen but still look nice.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
no it does not void your warranty, the only mod that would void your warranty would a ECU flash. The parts you replace with aftermarket parts are not covered under the warranty.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Congratulations and welcome aboard! Great color combo. Where are you located?

As for mods I suggest doing catch cans first. The ones I think work best are the sxth element CLICK ME! you can go with Dual or single. Intakes are highly recommended as well I went with the JT intakes, best design out there for our platform. Lastly I will suggest the JB4, this will transform your car completely and make love it even more (highly suggest going with dual catch cans if doing this mod).

Best thing with those mods is that it will not void your warranty.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Congratulations