Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

LAP3 Pro-Tuner Breaking Records

Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
Hello everyone. I'm David from PROSS - LAP3

PROSS - LAP3 is the tuning division of SPIRRA of Korea. If you aren't familiar with the SPIRRA, it is a Korean super car manufactured by Oullim Motors.
SPIRRA is the most powerful KDM Production super car ever engineered and manufactured up to 600HP based on Hyundai's V6 platform.
We work very close with Hyundai & Kia engineers on many projects, and we are very experienced with this platform.

We develop ECU tunes for KDM platforms, as well as Euro & JDM. We've been offering full ECU tuning for the entire KDM lineup for many years with great success, including 800+WHP Tiburon, ~700whp Genesis Coupes, ~550whp Optima & Sonata 2.0T, ~350whp Elantra Sport 1.6T and more. The Stinger has a lot of potential, and we are here to take the Stinger to the next level.

We didn't know about this forum just until recently, and we'd like to share our work-logs for the Stingers.

If you'd like to see some of our work logs, you can visit our Facebook page or join LAP3 Performance discussion group on Facebook.

- David Chung @ LAP3- PROSS USA

b.jpg
LAP3 Photo2.png

Last edited:
OP
LAP3 Tuning
Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #2
(August 2018)
Lastest Update on Tuning the Stinger GT 3.3T
LAP3 Pro-Tuner R&D Result
445ps/63.95kgm (439WHP & 462ft-lbs)

39454659_1928109400589668_2190317386907779072_n.jpg

Graph1
39467826_1927982713935670_858535216254287872_n.jpg

Graph2
39605601_1927982870602321_9103010921323692032_n.jpg

The result is truly amazing, and it is running HKS plugs, intakes, and downpipe(secondary) only. We have already made much more power than any competitors' boost chips on the market with 93 octane, but we have been working on refining the powerband. Look how smooth the graph is(see graph 1 & 2), and it is now putting down extra 40whp @ 6000rpm compare to the result from a few days ago. We were able to pick up extra 5whp+ for the peak power as well. What is more amazing is that, this level of power is achievable with only 4psi over stock! We will also work on e30 mapping in the future for those who want more aggressive mapping.

The Pro-Tuner is not an analog type boost chip like most devices on the market, and it doesn't rely on making power solely on boost & dangerously leaning out AFR at this power level. The Pro-Tuner operates on a fully programmable CANbus system, controlling more parameters than any of the boost chips on the market. ie. boost, lambda, fuel pressure, timing, speed limiter, dtc code canceler & etc. It is the most advanced P&P tuning solution paired with ~20 years of our tuning experience and knowledge, which also includes engineering the most powerful production KDM super car SPIRRA since 2006.

The performance output is just as good as a proper ECU mapping, and we have tested every aspect of the ECU to make more power safely and to enhance the power band. Hence you see a lot more harnesses from our device. Those who want better reliability, tunability, and performance, you can get them in the LAP3 Pro-Tuner in the near future-. We are looking at about a few weeks to release them for pre-order.

*Update on the App: We have decided to take a look into having them available for the iOS platform as well.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

OP
LAP3 Tuning
Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #3
(Sep 1, 2018 Update)
*New Record* 460WHP+ Kia Stinger GT 3.3T
LAP3 Pro-Tuner - R&D Update
467.4ps/66.6kgm (461WHP/486ft-lbs)
93 octane, Full Catless Exhaust, ~4psi over stock.

1.jpg

The Front Mount Intercooler upgrade may be needed to make more power to break into 470whp. We could perhaps make it up to 500whp with race gas. R&D isn't finished yet. We have made a lot of revisions, including hardware & firmware changes. We are doing our best to finalize everything to have them available in the U.S. market, so stay tuned!

Join LAP3 Performance discussion page on facebook to get more updates.

OP
LAP3 Tuning
Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #4
(Oct 11, 2018 Update)
*NEW RECORD*
Our R&D only continues with the Kia Stinger & Genesis G70 3.3T
540BHP+ (485WHP with ~10% powertrain loss on RWD)

44126997_2002559363144671_9052186468776148992_n.jpg
1.png

LAP3 Pro-Tuner Remapping
491.9ps/69.89kgm(485whp/505ft-lbs)
- Intake, Full Exhaust, Meth Injection
The car is now making 175HP+ over stock 365HP.
The powerband is extremely smooth as well
We are very happy with the result. 500WHP is just around the corner!

Last edited:
OP
LAP3 Tuning
Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #5
(Oct 11, 2018)
We have tested up to 485WHP, which is the highest stock turbo record for the Genesis G70 & Stinger 3.3T platforms! We will have installation guides as well as some reviews from our testers in the U.S. soon. The Pro-Tuner app is currently compatible with the Android OS, and we are working on the Apple iOS system to be available in the near future. We put a few video clips together, provided by our customer. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;aKGZOQgO95w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKGZOQgO95w[/video]

Here's another LAP3 Pro-Tuner remapping result:

476WHP KIA STINGER GT 3.3T

483ps/72.74kgm (476whp/526ft-lbs of torque!)
The only mods are LAP3 Primary Downpipes, Meth Kit, and intakes.

The result is fantastic! With our advance technology paired with our tuning experience and knowledge, the LAP3 Pro-Tuner remapping has been making more power than any tuning solution on the market. As always, the smooth power-band is unmatched when it comes to fine tuning.

You can order the LAP3 Primary Downpipes are now available as well!

Stock Primary Downpipes
KakaoTalk_20180831_055753212.jpg
LAP3 Primary Downpipes
LAP3 Downpipe (1).jpg
Dyno (1).jpg

OP
LAP3 Tuning
Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #6
(Oct 22, 2018)
Many have asked what the LAP3 Pro-Tuner is capable of. Our beta tester Jesse P. TK Tec from TurboKits.com took his GT1 AWD Stringer to the track last weekend, and was able to make two passes. The time slips are posted for you guys to see. The vehicle made a 12.1sec pass with the LAP3 Pro-Tuner 93 Octane tune(mode3), and it sure will see high 11s with more runs. Mode4 should get into 11s with an ease. The RWD platform should be able to make mid to high 11sec passes, as it makes ~40WHP more than the AWD models with extra 10% drivetrain loss. The vehicle has yet to try the Mode4 at the track, so there's a lot of potential left in it :)

Jesse's facebook post: "TurboKits.com sets the new 1/4 mile AWD World Record for the 3.3TT GT1 AWD Stinger. Running our prototype Intakes, FMIC, Piping, Downpipes and Secondary Pipes along with the LAP3 Pro-Tuner on Mode 3 w- 93oct pump gas, we ran a solid 12.13 ET at 116.78 MPH and then backed it up with a 12.19 ET at 117.64 MPH. We had just switched to higher octane fuel and ready to get the all around world record with Mode 4, but the track got rained out. Next Sat, we try again!"

?? (1).JPG
44519375_2142995099097188_845839443251167232_n (1).jpg
44571502_2142995025763862_7269282975122980864_n (1).jpg
44517107_2142995095763855_1303530069053931520_n.jpg
[video=youtube;PFMVtVl-yv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFMVtVl-yv8[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Images didn't attached properly.[scratch]

(Oct 22, 2018)
Many have asked what the LAP3 Pro-Tuner is capable of. Our beta tester Jesse P. TK Tec from TurboKits.com took his GT1 AWD Stringer to the track last weekend, and was able to make two passes. The time slips are posted for you guys to see. The vehicle made a 12.1sec pass with the LAP3 Pro-Tuner 93 Octane tune, and it sure will see high 11s with our next mode with more aggressive mapping! The RWD platform should be able to make mid to high 11sec passes, as it makes ~40WHP more than the AWD models with extra 10% drivetrain loss. The vehicle has yet to try the Mode4 at the track, so there's a lot of potential left in it :)

Jesse's facebook post: "TurboKits.com sets the new 1/4 mile AWD World Record for the 3.3TT GT1 AWD Stinger. Running our prototype Intakes, FMIC, Piping, Downpipes and Secondary Pipes along with the LAP3 Pro-Tuner on Mode 3 w- 93oct pump gas, we ran a solid 12.13 ET at 116.78 MPH and then backed it up with a 12.19 ET at 117.64 MPH. We had just switched to higher octane fuel and ready to get the all around world record with Mode 4, but the track got rained out. Next Sat, we try again!"

View attachment 1668
View attachment 1669
View attachment 1670
View attachment 1671

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Great work guys, big fan of your products

AAQUINO11

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
If we could play with launch control settings and get this thing to launch hard we would be well in to the 11's. The Stinger, especially AWD is a dog out of the hole.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
If we could play with launch control settings and get this thing to launch hard we would be well in to the 11's. The Stinger, especially AWD is a dog out of the hole.
It's a tough thing to do without displacement. LOL The guys that are from the old days will tell you this regularly.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
It's a tough thing to do without displacement. LOL The guys that are from the old days will tell you this regularly.
With the Stinger and its tiny turbos, this seems to be more of a "tranny nanny" problem than displacement. The turbos spool so early that a brake boost launch should punch your gut, but with a 10 yr/100k mi warranty, I think the TCU is doing its job protecting the transmission and its components from "hard" launches. Think about how many idiots drop the clutch and end up with a transmission on the floor, and it's almost understandable that an automatic transmission isn't going to let everyone just drop the hammer and load the transmission right off the bat [^]

BUT, I do wish there was a way to reduce or fine tune the TCU. Of course, with that comes probably an increase in failed transmissions, so I don't know how I feel about it. I, too, notice that launches are preventing what is easily a high 3 sec 0-60 time, but... *shrug*

Nebesnik

Reactions
Hello I have a problem...I have purchased on the website khartunerz.com lap3 pro tuner , but when you install there is a problem, my crankshaft sensor has 2 contacts and the chip are three of them... I have a Kia stinger gt awd . Tell me what to do ? sell the chip or you can do something to change the adapter ?

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What about the 2.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiaTech9

Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
(August 2018)

View attachment 1659

Graph1
View attachment 1660

Graph2
View attachment 1661

The result is truly amazing, and it is running HKS plugs, intakes, and downpipe(secondary) only. We have already made much more power than any competitors' boost chips on the market with 93 octane, but we have been working on refining the powerband. Look how smooth the graph is(see graph 1 & 2), and it is now putting down extra 40whp @ 6000rpm compare to the result from a few days ago. We were able to pick up extra 5whp+ for the peak power as well. What is more amazing is that, this level of power is achievable with only 4psi over stock! We will also work on e30 mapping in the future for those who want more aggressive mapping.

The Pro-Tuner is not an analog type boost chip like most devices on the market, and it doesn't rely on making power solely on boost & dangerously leaning out AFR at this power level. The Pro-Tuner operates on a fully programmable CANbus system, controlling more parameters than any of the boost chips on the market. ie. boost, lambda, fuel pressure, timing, speed limiter, dtc code canceler & etc. It is the most advanced P&P tuning solution paired with ~20 years of our tuning experience and knowledge, which also includes engineering the most powerful production KDM super car SPIRRA since 2006.

The performance output is just as good as a proper ECU mapping, and we have tested every aspect of the ECU to make more power safely and to enhance the power band. Hence you see a lot more harnesses from our device. Those who want better reliability, tunability, and performance, you can get them in the LAP3 Pro-Tuner in the near future-. We are looking at about a few weeks to release them for pre-order.

*Update on the App: We have decided to take a look into having them available for the iOS platform as well.

View attachment 1662
View attachment 1663
View attachment 1664
(August 2018)

View attachment 1659

Graph1
View attachment 1660

Graph2
View attachment 1661

View attachment 1662
View attachment 1663
View attachment 1664
How does the Pro-Tuner compare to the JB4 tunner and why is the Pro-Tuner Twice as much?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Very comparable. A little more torque from the JB4. The bluetooth control on the JB4 is pretty simple.

I chose the JB4 then and I would still choose it now.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
@MurlinatoR ! Where you been?! Selling lots of Stingers I presume?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
@MurlinatoR ! Where you been?! Selling lots of Stingers I presume?
Hey man!!! I've been here. LOL Just not HERE. Selling Stingers and Tellurides and trying to stay alive! Hahaha