Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Updated info on Kia Stinger LAP3 Protuner

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
LAP3 Pro-Tuner - Dynamic ECU Tuning Solution
Here's a few features of the LAP3 Pro-Tuner that boost chips on the market can NOT do.
  • Boost Adjustability: Unlike the boost chips on the market, it doesn't just fool the sensor & voltage to increase boost. LAP3 Pro-Tuner can custom tune the boost pressure per RPM based on the engine load. (See the graph 1)
  • Fueling: After carefully analyzing the fuel rail sensor values, rail pressure can be customized and re-mapped per RPM & engine load. (See the graph 2)
  • Ignition Timing Tuning - Based on the crank angle sensor values and the boost pressure/rpm, Ignition Timing can be mapped for the most optimal performance setup. (See the graph3)
  • Top Speed Governor Removal: Many Stinger owners have been asking us about it, and the LAP3 Pro-Tuner will allow you to unlock the speed limiter.
  • PROSS - LAP3 app to give dynamic performance. You will be able to change your maps through the app (Stock, Stage1, Stage 2, Stage3). You can also monitor Live data for your engine condition as well.
  • DTC Code Canceler - The owner can select specific DTC codes and remove them automatically.
  • Meth Injection System Support (Future Upgrade) - We are working on a meth Injection system to interlock with our phone application. Custom tune ignition timing based on the engine load received from the can, when paired with the Methanol Injection system via PWM controller system.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
See graphs? I don't see any graphs... [8]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Seems everything offered is already in the JB4.

Will the meth control support Dual Stage meth?

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Sorry forgot the graphs.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger

Lap 3 has a different product on a whole new level.
JB4 doesnt do anything but boost control.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7

This is supposed to give you more tune-ability over the JB4.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
I don't see it on the website for the Stinger...?
It?s not available as yet as it?s in production phase at the moment. Once it?s released to the public we will let every one know.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Lap3 pro tuner update!!!

Lastest Update on Tuning the Stinger GT 3.3T
LAP3 Pro-Tuner R&D Result
445ps/63.95kgm (439WHP & 462ft-lbs)

The result is truly amazing, and it is running HKS plugs, intakes, and downpipe only. We have already made much more power than any competitors' boost chips on the market, but we have been working on refining the powerband. Look how smooth the graph is(see graph 1 & 2), and it is now putting down extra 40whp @ 6000rpm compare to the result from a few days ago. We were able to pick up extra 5whp+ for the peak power as well. The Pro-Tuner is not a simple analog type boost chip. The Pro-Tuner can control more parameters than any of the boost chips on the market, which makes it the most advanced P&P tuning solution paired with ~20 years of our tuning experience and knowledge.

The performance output is just as good as a proper ECU mapping. The Pro-Tuner result has surpassed many of competitors' ECU tunes, which you can tell how limited they are at ECU Re-Mapping. We will be making more adjustments next week. We are putting more effort in to delivering the best P&P Tuning solution in the market, and we are very close to perfecting it. Those who want better reliability, tunability, and performance, you can get them in the LAP3 Pro-Tuner in the near future-.

*Another Update on the App: We have decided to take a look into having them available for the iOS platform as well due to high demand. :)

Join LAP3 Performance page to see more!

www.lap3usa.com
#LAP3 #PROSS #LAP3ProTuner #AuthenticTuning #Hyundai #Kia #HardcoreTuning #Stinger #G70 #Sonata #Optima #VelosterN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Very nice results.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
[MENTION=874]thaworldsbeststinger[/MENTION] what intake and downpipe?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
[MENTION=874]thaworldsbeststinger[/MENTION] what intake and downpipe?
The car is completely stock except for k&n intake and jun BL down pipe

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Nice!!...waiting to see the final results.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Those numbers... 445WHP [burnout]

This is now on my list. I hope the pricing can be fair and flexible and not tear me a new one... [^]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

This is now on my list. I hope the pricing can be fair and flexible and not tear me a new one... [^]
I think that I'd rather have the 500lbft of torque instead. LOL

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger

Well given similar pricing this may range between $1100 - 1350

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Well given similar pricing this may range between $1100 - 1350

Oh, I'll be around. LOL

There's just some other options out there already doing 500lbtq. Plus, look at that harness... That's crazy! LOL

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
[MENTION=874]thaworldsbeststinger[/MENTION] - what made you select intake and downpipe as your mods? why not tune for a 3.3T with an exhaust, for instance?