Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Greetings from Seoul, South Korea.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Hi everyone, I am looking to get my first car in Korea and have my sight on the Stinger. It seems the trim levels and option list are very different in Korea than in other markets. I am currently just waiting for the dealer to find extra discounts before I make the final decision. Hope to get my hands on the stinger in a week or two.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome which trim are you getting?

OP
E
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Thread Starter #4
Hi, thank you for the warm welcome.

Looking at the 2.0 turbo engine. There's 3 trims level in Korea (Prime, Platinum, and the Dream edition) and I was looking at the Platinum trim but then the sale rep found discounts on the Prime trim (35million Korean won) with the drive wise option (+2.2 mil) for 33 million won in white and 32 mil in red. The platinum trim is 37.8 milllion won but no discount available. So considering the discount, the sale rep suggested the Prime trip to be a better option.

Basically, the platinum with no options has a few extras compared to the prime trip + drive wise; full LED head lamps, leather and power seats, electric parking breaks, the electric shift lever, the electric trunk, and other small additions. Not sure they worth 5k (USD) more though.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
If they are very close in options then it does sound like the Prime is the better deal.

Edit: Just looked up 5 million Won which is about $4500us. That?s a big price difference.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I am looking to get my first car in Korea and have my sight on the Stinger. It seems the trim levels and option list are very different in Korea than in other markets. I am currently just waiting for the dealer to find extra discounts before I make the final decision. Hope to get my hands on the stinger in a week or two.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

Welcome and glad to have you on board. I?m sure most of use including myself will be requesting closeup photos of your car when we start doing parts swap.[biggrin]

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Aloha [MENTION=260]Euljiro1ga[/MENTION]

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Welcome[cheers]

OP
E

Euljiro1ga

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Thread Starter #9
I am happy to report that earlier today, I signed the contract for the delivery of a Deep Chroma Blue 2.0L Stinger!

It should arrive at my dealer in Seoul from the factory in Ulsan tomorrow, after the initial inspection, installing window tints + dash came, and coating on the paint I should take delivery towards the end of the week.

My last ditch effort to convince my wife about getting the 3.3L engine did not go so well. This stinger is meant to be our 'family' vehicle, and I couldn't come up with a justification of why I think 365hp is necessary to carry our groceries from the supermarket home, less than a kilometer away. Still, the baby stinger is still better than a minivan.

I'd be happy to share photos for those interested in the 2.0 model since most of the pictures and reviews are on the GT.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats, yes we would love pictures and your thoughts on the car.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Welcome [MENTION=260]Euljiro1ga[/MENTION]!

-Matt

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Congrats & welcome! Even the 2.0L is a great bargain and plenty of features to go with it. If you have some spare time, a walk around review of the car would be great for the forum members, I plan to do one myself when they arrive.

OP
E

Euljiro1ga

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Thread Starter #13
Thank you for the welcome guys. I am also happy Kia introduced the Stinger as we were looking for a new car. Especially given the dull automotive market in Korea, the Stinger is a blessing.

Yes, I'd be happy to take vids/photos and share with everyone. It's now at a workshop for windows tint, paint coating, and most importantly waiting to get my insurance history over to Korea. Hopefully, I'll get the first drive sometimes later this week.

I thought about writing about my take on the different trim levels and option list as I have the priviledge to touch and sat on almost all the trims available. There's a Stinger at every Kia showroom, and there's planty of Kia showrooms in Seoul.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thank you for the welcome guys. I am also happy Kia introduced the Stinger as we were looking for a new car. Especially given the dull automotive market in Korea, the Stinger is a blessing.

Yes, I'd be happy to take vids/photos and share with everyone. It's now at a workshop for windows tint, paint coating, and most importantly waiting to get my insurance history over to Korea. Hopefully, I'll get the first drive sometimes later this week.

I thought about writing about my take on the different trim levels and option list as I have the priviledge to touch and sat on almost all the trims available. There's a Stinger at every Kia showroom, and there's planty of Kia showrooms in Seoul.
We'll be waiting [twothumb]