Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

First Oil change recommendation

Reactions
City
Washington
State
DC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1 AWD
Considering getting my first oil change sooner than 3,000 miles on the engine. Kia recommends at 3K but wanted to get a consensus. What do you think? What did you do? Is it worth doing sooner?

OP
T
Reactions
City
Washington
State
DC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1 AWD
Thread Starter #2
Bump

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
No, it’s not worth doing sooner. I did mine at the regular interval of 5000 miles. I’ve even read of people getting the oil analysis done on their first oil change and the reports coming back saying they could have waited a little longer to do their first oil change.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I did my first oil change at a 1000 mile, but that's just me...

Reactions
I’m nearly six months in on a GT1 - just hit 2K miles. Probably going to schedule soon. Dealership said I have to have it in for service with them at least annually to maintain their lifetime extension to the power train warranty. Will be doing royal purple changes at home outside of that visit

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
I did mine early was well, I think it was around 3500 miles, the oil was nasty. Honesty it wouldn't hurt to do the first one early.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I did my first one at 2.5k miles. After that I've been doing them every 3.5k miles.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Considering getting my first oil change sooner than 3,000 miles on the engine. Kia recommends at 3K but wanted to get a consensus. What do you think? What did you do? Is it worth doing sooner?
Living I. Flordia very hot . I changed my oil on my gt1 at 1000 k and a filter .will change every 3000 k Stevogt1

Raybo

Reactions
City
Palm Harbor
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 Tribute
I have a 23 Stinger GT2 with 1820 miles and plan to schedule oil change this week.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @Raybo, I live in Arizona, so our summers are brutal, I change my oil every year or 3k whichever comes first normally the year comes first.