Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Does anyone else have an odd dark notch in the headlight low beam?

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
When I open the headlights at a minimum I will replace the shrouds, replace projector lenses with an etched design of my own(also with 100% optically clear projectors), and paint the inside black:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cclcal

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
quest, model 3, 911.1
When I open the headlights at a minimum I will replace the shrouds, replace projector lenses with an etched design of my own(also with 100% optically clear projectors), and paint the inside black:)

having difficulty finding a custom place to change it out. Most are saying it cant be done or it'll not look good. But I'll ask them to replace shrouds and projectors, maybe then it'll be better.

let me know when you get around to it.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I’ll check with my guy, I’ll drive out and let him take a look.

cclcal

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
quest, model 3, 911.1
I’ll check with my guy, I’ll drive out and let him take a look.

cool sounds good.

im assuming the stinger and the Sedona lights are similar.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Shoot me couple of pics of your lights

cclcal

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
quest, model 3, 911.1

cclcal

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
quest, model 3, 911.1
light1.jpg light1.jpg

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Not sure why person you spoke with said it would look like crap? Where are you located? You could do lots with that:)

cclcal

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
quest, model 3, 911.1
Not sure why person you spoke with said it would look like crap? Where are you located? You could do lots with that:)

Im in San Diego.
Maybe they were afraid, never touched a Kia before. Don't have many minivan owners coming in for custom headlights :D

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Check what a damaged but working used pair would cost, put them on ur car on a temp basis and get my guy to hook you up with a retrofit:)

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
No kidding, in NC not against the law to drive without headlights if u have side marker/turn signal and drls. (Daytime driving) when he did my fusion we attached trailer sidemarkers/trunsignals to front and I drove a week with hesin front of my car:)

cclcal

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
quest, model 3, 911.1
No kidding, in NC not against the law to drive without headlights if u have side marker/turn signal and drls. (Daytime driving) when he did my fusion we attached trailer sidemarkers/trunsignals to front and I drove a week with hesin front of my car:)

haha.
I can duct tape maglites to the openings and see what the cops say here. California so strict on everything, must have front license plate, if there is need for windshield wipers (light rain) then headlights must be on, etc....

give me contact info for your guy out there, Ill contact him and see what he can do, turn around time etc.

thanks for helping out

cclcal

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
quest, model 3, 911.1
Check what a damaged but working used pair would cost, put them on ur car on a temp basis and get my guy to hook you up with a retrofit:)

whats the shop that you did your lights?

Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
I noted a notch at the top the low beam on both sides. While I really like my Stinger the LED headlights can't "hold a candle" to my previous car's headlights. But these were a $2K option. I'm not sure too many people would pay that much in the Kia market.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Hi Rick_F I have the headlight issue with my 2019 GT1. They are not the best LED I have seen. I use my hi beams when ever I can.you would think the automotive manufacturers can make a powerful LED for all cars.
DRIVE SAFE. Stevo GT1

Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
I use my hi beams when ever I can.you would think the automotive manufacturers can make a powerful LED for all cars.
DRIVE SAFE. Stevo GT1
Would you pay an extra $1K or $2K for "better" more advanced headlights ? . . . While many people buying cars in the $70K+ range would; in the Kia market segment, it is unlikely that many buyers would opt for this. Certainly the Stinger (and perhaps ALL Kia) LED headlamps are not quite the equal of those in Audi, M-B, BMW, and others. Even in the luxury class vehicles I've owned (BMW & M-B) the top of the line headlights are an OPTION-- and a pretty damn expensive one at that. I'd not want to see the Stinger to evolve into $60K car; and I'm confident Kia does not want that either. There are several features and characteristics of the Stinger that other manufacturers do better-- but overall the Stinger GT2 is a very nice package and a good value, and I am quite pleased with it. I traded a 2017 M-B E400 Coupe for my GT2, not because it was 25 grand less-- it was because I WANTED a Stinger. I'm sure many things will improve on the Stinger in the next few years. LED (and/or Laser) headlights will become standard on many cars soon as the technology improves and the cost drops-- they provide more light and use less energy.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I upgraded from halogen reflector headlights. These LED headlights are awesome for me

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
You have some photo's
Of my Mustangs headlights? I don’t think so. I can get some of my current Mustangs headlights and of my Bronco headlights. Both are horrible compared to the Stinger. This was a massive upgrade for me