Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Damage to rims when buying tires from Costco/Firestone?

Mark

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT1
My local Costco and my local Firestone have far better tire pricing than my dealer or local speed shops. But I have been told that Costco/Firestone equipment will damage my rims. Does anyone have any information on this point?

Mark

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I've heard nothing but bad thing about Firestone, if you can help it don't go their. If you have a Discount Tire their go to them also check out Tire Rack online for tires, they always seem to have good prices.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I’ve only had firestone do alignments on my Stinger. No problems so far, except long wait times

Reaper333

Reactions
City
Fort Belvoir
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT2 AWD
If I were you I wouldnt let firestone or costco do a mount and balance on a nice set of wheels. Id just buy the tires from somewhere and then go to a shop that specializes in just wheels and tires. They usually have the right equipment to handle low profile tires and larger wheel sizes. Thats just what I do. I have had bad experiences a few times letting those type places mount tires on nice wheels. Good luck.