Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Best compliments and signs of love

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD Limited
I am pretty sure almost all of us at least once came across a stranger that wanted to show their love about our Stinger.
Any experience you would like to share?
Mine:
  1. While I was drying and polishing the windows after a car wash, a guy passing by went to park his car and then came to me, asking what car it was. "I want to buy a car to my son: is this one a good one? It looks so beautiful!" (Me: smiling)
  2. On the highway, from the mirror saw a car approaching quite fast on the left lane (I was in the middle one, relaxed driving): when he came to my side, turned its window down, gave me a big thumbs up, and ran away. (Me: smiling)
  3. On the freeway, I was on the left lane (again relaxed driving) and a guy passed me on the right, slowing down, looking at me while saying something to the other occupants. While he was completing the manoeuvre, I noticed a kid standing on the back sit, with his face attached to the window, looking at me like I was Superman. (Me: smiling)
  4. Stopped at Tim Hortons where a group of Harley-Davidson guys were chatting. Once I got off the car, one of them approached me saying: "That's a cool car. Does the sunroof open like a panoramic one? Can I see it?". Had to make him happy, turn the engine on and open the sunroof.
  5. At a gas station (typical place), a young guy came to me and went to the back of the car to see what was it: "Oh, this must be a new KIA. From far it looked like an Alfa Romeo... "
  6. More to come, for sure...
pipcamera_1569972501682.jpg

OP
Stinger2019
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #2
Standing near a Tim Hortons drive thru, two guys in the line on a truck and chatting:
"... It's a Kia... Mmm looks like a Porsche... It got Brembo breaks..."

🤭

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
MY20 Stinger GT
I got asked on Thursday night what model Lexus it was. I pointed at the wheel caps. "Oh, a Kia? Really? When did they start making cars like *this*?"

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
At a local Car Club cruise:
While leaving the parking lot - "It's got Brembo's!"
Two guys walking by on sidewalk - "Look, a Stinger!"

OP
Stinger2019
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
At a local Car Club cruise:
While leaving the parking lot - "It's got Brembo's!"
Two guys walking by on sidewalk - "Look, a Stinger!"
They make us smile and be happy drivers all the time 😁

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I had people pull up next to me on the freeway an yell WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THAT, the other day coming home from a car show, again i'm on the freeway someone pulls up next to me an starts taking pictures why i'm cruising at 75mph...:cool:

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I had people pull up next to me on the freeway an yell WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THAT, the other day coming home from a car show, again i'm on the freeway someone pulls up next to me an starts taking pictures why i'm cruising at 75mph...:cool:
Keep your eyes on the road! lol

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Civic was pacing next to me, looked over to see a young woman in the front seat smiling rocking me the horns. lol

I waved back with similar vigor. :cool:

OP
Stinger2019
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #11
While I am having my coffee, caught two people taking photos in front of my Stinger 😅 20191102_083501-1.jpg

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
"Heh! Get away from my car!"

lol jk

OP
Stinger2019
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #14
"Heh! Get away from my car!"

lol jk
No kidding... Sometimes I freak out when people park beside me and they open their door without any care. That's why I try to park always very far from humans 😁

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
No kidding... Sometimes I freak out when people park beside me and they open their door without any care. That's why I try to park always very far from humans 😁
After 6 months of ownership, I just noticed my front license plate looked funny. Upon closer inspection, I saw the top corner of the plate (passenger side) was bent. Then I noticed 3 white scuff marks on the bumper (my car is Aurora Black) going from the plate towards the outside of the car. Dang!

I straightened out the plate with my fingers, and then got some detail spray going on the scuff marks (expecting it to do nothing).

To my amazement, the scuff marks disappeared with no apparent damage to the paint. Whew! Guess the license plate took the brunt of it.

OP
Stinger2019
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #16