Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Am I crazy?

quix

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hey all, new member here but not yet an owner.

I reallllllly want this car but it's a little out of my budget. I have savings I can dig into and I know that's not very responsible but when you really want something...

Anyways I absolutely refuse to pay MSRP for this car and the dealers in my area seem to have it listed for 2-4K MORE than MSRP.

My budget ALL IN with taxes, fees and all is 50,000. Is this a pipe dream or does any one think I can make this happen? I'm in the GTA/Sauga area.

Ideal scenario is I could put 15k down and then do an 84 month finance at ~420/mo.

Am I a lunatic or is this something I might actually be able to get?

Sidenote: Depressed that the ghost grey doesnt have the red nappa so am looking at the pearl white.
Sidenote 2: In all of my cars I've always installed an aftermarket android head unit as I like to park out with the gf and watch movies in the car - I haven't been able to find anything on this front for the Stinger - anyone have any experience here or would we just have to rig up a tablet mount?

Thanks all! You guys are driving a kick-ass beast of a machine!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Just a suggestion but why don't you do a lease purchase or they don't do that in Canada. When you go into a dealership, you tell them what you want, your the one buying a car and you tell them I DON'T NEED YOU TO BUY A CAR BUT YOU NEED ME TO SELL ONE TO. If they're not willing to deal then you go somewhere else.

Are you looking at a GT2 or a GT1 because down here in the states you can get a GT2 for 50,000.

The Ceramic Grey or what Canada calls Ghost Grey come with the red interior. That's weird why the car doesn't come with the red interior in Canada.

If you do end up buying a Stinger you will have to put a tablet or use a laptop inside the car.

I forgot to mention, Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
How about getting a used one?

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
I imagine you could find new 2018 GTs under 50k (although the color selection will be more limited), as dealers would be motivated to move them more. For 2019, as spider55 mentioned, you could always lease the car and then purchase to get below 50k. A 24 month lease can net you 8500 off, a 36 month lease can get you 7100.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The Ceramic grey does come with the red interior but I think the only color for the Napa leather is that cream color.

I searched all the websites of all the dealers within about 60 miles of me and I finally found a diamond in the rough that ended up becoming mine. The first dealership I visited close to me did not want to deal, probably because they only had 2 in stock at the time.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not sure how the leasing options and rebates offers work in Canada, if any.

But here it is more beneficial to lease the car, Kia USA has very good incentives/discounts, and then buyout the lease after the first month (time it takes kia financial to setup your account online) to lock in all those rebates.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The Ceramic grey does come with the red interior but I think the only color for the Napa leather is that cream color.

I searched all the websites of all the dealers within about 60 miles of me and I finally found a diamond in the rough that ended up becoming mine. The first dealership I visited close to me did not want to deal, probably because they only had 2 in stock at the time.
congrats on your purchase, post some pictures!!!!!!!!!!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Nice color choice, red interior, got to love it. Congrats again on your car purchase...…..