Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Winter 18" - +20 Offset too low? Switch to 7.5" wides?

rsr427

Reactions
City
South Windsor
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I just got an '18 GT with the 19 inch wheels and I'm looking to get 18" wheels with winter tires. The set I decided on have an offset of +40 and there is not enough clearance in the front. The caliper was very close to the spokes on the outside and was touching the strut on the inside. (We stopped there and didn't check the rears.)

I've found available replacement rims but they're +20 offset. Will that stick out too much? Town Fair Tire thinks +35s will work there, but I am dubious. 34 is the guidance in front, I now read. An 8mm spacer seems like an easy fix, but they really don't like using spacers.

1) +20 ok?
2) +35 too close?
3) changing to 7.5" wide from 8" any better?

Thanks, Ryan

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
they make a set of oem 18 in wheel for a stinger gt. maybe you could find them used

OP
R

rsr427

Reactions
City
South Windsor
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thread Starter #3
I bought some Motegi wheels from Tirerack with a 32 offset. Seemed conservative and they look like good wheels. I'll let people know if there was any troubles with the fit.
Thanks, Ryan

OP
R

rsr427

Reactions
City
South Windsor
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thread Starter #4
Motegi MR118, 18x8, 32 mm offset; Dunlop WinterMaxx 225/45/18 WM02. Looks good enough for winter, the tires ride very nicely but there I haven't had any weather to truly test them. stinger wheels 2.jpg