Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Winter Driving

Vader1

Reactions
Looking seriously to purchase a Stinger GT Limited AWD and would like owner feedback regarding the traction and handling in snow conditions as I live in the Calgary Alberta region.
Thanks.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
Brockville, Ontario here.

Michelin X-Ice winter tires on 18 inch winter alloy wheels. No problem whatsoever driving in winter. never got stuck once.

Had to actually go around RWD pickup trucks stuck diagonally and blocking both lanes in the street up a slight incline more than once by driving over and through the snow bank at the side of the street. Managed that no problem. One truck driver actually flipped me the bird as I went by, ha, ha!!

OP
Vader1

Vader1

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. I took one for test drive today, very impressed.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
upstate NY here, no problem for my stinger with the stock all seasons. have awd.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD Cermaic/Red
In PA, had no trouble this winter in snow and ice conditions. 19's with all seasons Falkens

Reactions
would have liked the option for an LSD. my STI had LSD front and rear and was unstoppable in bad conditions. not so confident about the open front and rear diffs of the awd stinger.