Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who is disappointed we didn't get the suede headliner?

Who is disappointed we didn't get the suede headliner?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Noticed that Kia also didn't give us the suede headliner that was originally in the demo Stinger?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I am.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Hadn?t really noticed myself. So not a big deal for me. Would have liked:
- surround camera system
- heated rear seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Naw. Who ever looks up there? My main concern is that they use a material and bonding method that prevents the headliner material from coming loose after sitting out in the sun for months.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I am. I first noticed the micro suede headliner when I sat in a preproduction Stinger at last years NYIAS. It was a really nice touch. Granted not many people are going to look up or feel it but I thought it was something really nice that helped set it apart from its competitors. Since then, when I am in more expensive cars, I'd feel their headliners and they all had that cheap nylon headliner. I just learned a month ago that the Stingers in the US don't have the suede headliners and unfortunately, all I could think is great, something else we don't get... Genesis cars all have the suede headliner so maybe this was done to further differentiate KIA from Genesis with the new G70 coming out???

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
There are several "cost cutting" measures that reviewers have found on U.S. models. The center cup holder cover, the headliner, lack of a cell phone charger pad.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
There are several "cost cutting" measures that reviewers have found on U.S. models. The center cup holder cover, the headliner, lack of a cell phone charger pad.
Don?t forget the lack of SIM slot, rear heated seats and the button that slides the seat forward and backwards for rear passengers.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
AND the lack of a 360 camera AND the lack of exterior/interior color choices....

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
Don?t forget the lack of SIM slot, rear heated seats and the button that slides the seat forward and backwards for rear passengers.
Ok, now I can understand lack of LTE support and rear heated seats...but a button for the back passengers to move the seats up? I think that's stretching it a little bit lol. Does that exist on any car?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Yes, on the korean Stinger they heave.
And i liked the buton too.
But even in Germany you not get it.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger Premium
I didn't even know suede was available elsewhere.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Could not care less, I am happy my headliner is black though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Ok, now I can understand lack of LTE support and rear heated seats...but a button for the back passengers to move the seats up? I think that's stretching it a little bit lol. Does that exist on any car?
They do exist, look at this picture, it's right above the center console on the side of the seat.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I definitely wish we had those options. I would have gladly paid a little more for a GT2+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk