Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What was your reaction the first time behind the wheel of a Stinger??

Ravage

Reactions
City
Hayti
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT AWD
Cabin a bit narrow for my 6'2" 270lbs frame, shoulder rubs the B pillar. Seat that fits like a glove, quick throttle response and exhaust note pleasing to the ear. Had a flash back to my firebird days. A worthy replacement for my G8 RIP. All is good in my universe.

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Cabin a bit narrow for my 6'2" 270lbs frame, shoulder rubs the B pillar. Seat that fits like a glove, quick throttle response and exhaust note pleasing to the ear. Had a flash back to my firebird days. A worthy replacement for my G8 RIP. All is good in my universe.
God I miss Pontiac. Had 2 Firebirds, feel like this is a grown up version. Wish I had gotten my hands on a G8.

Smutniak

Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I never even sat in or drove mine before I bought it, so, I didn't know what to expect when I took delivery and got inside the first time. I do recall being blown away though, loved the smell, the LEDs everywhere, and the low, supportive seats.
I just bought mine yesterday without having ever driven one. Local dealers did not have any in stock, so when the first 2020 rolled off the truck I snatched it up. Huuuuge grin on my face driving it home from the dealer yesterday. Enjoy!

Smutniak

Reactions
City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I just picked up a GT2 yesterday to replace my G8 GT. Two great cars, and I already know i'll enjoy this one even more than my beloved Pontiac. Enjoy!

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I just picked up a GT2 yesterday to replace my G8 GT. Two great cars, and I already know i'll enjoy this one even more than my beloved Pontiac. Enjoy!
Very nice! Almost year and half in and still love mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Another Pontiac fan, cool. I feel like my Stinger is a grown up version of the Firebirds I had.

fatboyNC

Reactions
City
Southern Pines
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2, RWD
I also did all my negotiating without driving one. Had a very positive recommendation from a trusted advisor though, and I had driven the Genesis G70 quite a bit, so I knew the powertrain was good. First thought was that the interior was far nicer than it looks in pictures. the quality of the materials is excellent for this price range.

Reactions
City
USA
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
I was surprised, and still am to this day, how poor the visibility is overall. Also, the seats are just not that comfortable... but... I was very impressed and happy with how the car pulled and how much fun it was to drive given the size and weight... not as "engaging" or "raw" as my previous car (WRX) but very much a "higher class" and more prestigious vehicle. It feels nice driving a car worth easily $60k-$80k from the German brackets but for less than half the price while having a stellar warranty and incredible looks...

:D

dunc69

Reactions
City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS
I was surprised, and still am to this day, how poor the visibility is overall. Also, the seats are just not that comfortable... but... I was very impressed and happy with how the car pulled and how much fun it was to drive given the size and weight... not as "engaging" or "raw" as my previous car (WRX) but very much a "higher class" and more prestigious vehicle. It feels nice driving a car worth easily $60k-$80k from the German brackets but for less than half the price while having a stellar warranty and incredible looks...

:D
Keep working on the seats. I’m sure you’ll get them just how you want them in the end. It took me a while too, but now super comfortable.

Reactions
City
USA
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
Keep working on the seats. I’m sure you’ll get them just how you want them in the end. It took me a while too, but now super comfortable.
I just might after this snow storm!! :D

Reactions
coming from a 2011 STI... my gt2 awd is a comfortable cruiser. but not faster. the stinger is huge compared to my STI.

i'd love the stinger drivetrain in a niro or sorento.

SkinnyKid

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT1
First car I'd ever driven that the test drive only took me less than 5 mins to know it's what I wanted. It just felt good. I thought to myself "This is me."

Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT AWD
First car I'd ever driven that the test drive only took me less than 5 mins to know it's what I wanted. It just felt good. I thought to myself "This is me."
Same here. Test drive a couple over the past 3 months and finally said “what the hell”!

slingshot

Reactions
City
judson
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 forte
NEVER HEARD OF THE STINGER. WIFE AND I STOPPED IN TO KILL SOME TIME. NEXT THING I KNOW I'M TAKING A TEST DRIVE. WHEN I RETURNED MY WIFE SAID I HAD SUCH A GREAT BIG SHIT EATING GRIN ON MY FACE. I DID. SHE BOUGHT ME A PRESENT. 2018 GT2. WHAT A SWEET HEART...MY WIFE NOT THE CAR...LOVE THE CAR TOO. KIA SENT A SET OF HEAD SETS FOR BEING ONE OF THE FIRST TO OWN.

Attachments

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
coming from a 2011 STI... my gt2 awd is a comfortable cruiser. but not faster. the stinger is huge compared to my STI.

i'd love the stinger drivetrain in a niro or sorento.
Stinger GT is plenty faster.

C&D's Sti test got them to 60 mph in 5.1 sec and the quarter in 13.6 sec@102 mph.
C&D's Stinger GT AWD test ran to 60 mph in 4.6 sec and the quarter in 13.2 sec@108 mph.

The Stinger GT RWD was even faster ...