Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What Did You Do With Your Stinger Today?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Great job, mines looking kind of dingy back there too.

Cleaned my brake calipers and wheels plus ceramic coated them, KDM E caps came later in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
Installed the OEM mud guards. And while I was at it, I installed some pet resistance PVC door screen in behind the fender liner covering the wheel vents in the front to keep rocks and junk from flying through/into the vent.

Cu large pieces of the screen and cut holes for the pop clips. Shouldn't go anywhere.
Can you create a how-to thread? Would like to know how you attached it to the hole.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Great idea. How did you get it to say over the vent?
Can you create a how-to thread? Would like to know how you attached it to the hole.
Honestly it's so easy I don't think it deserves a how-to.

Just remove the pop clips under the bottom and the two by the hole, remove the screws nearby, cut a big peice of screen mesh about 12 by 6 inch, mark where the holes go for the pop clips and cut the out with scissors, then pull back the fender liner and shove the screen in aligning the holes, put I one clip to keep it in place, tuck the fender liner back in behind the fender, install remain clips and screws.

So the screen is clamped between the fender liner and the plastic vent piece, and held in by the pop clips as well.

I guess if you want to get fancy, you'd take the liner out, clean it, and glue the mesh to the back of it with PL Premium, but I think it'll stay put and is easily removed or replaced this way.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States

Just remove the pop clips under the bottom and the two by the hole, remove the screws nearby, cut a big peice of screen mesh about 12 by 6 inch, mark where the holes go for the pop clips and cut the out with scissors, then pull back the fender liner and shove the screen in aligning the holes, put I one clip to keep it in place, tuck the fender liner back in behind the fender, install remain clips and screws.

So the screen is clamped between the fender liner and the plastic vent piece, and held in by the pop clips as well.

I guess if you want to get fancy, you'd take the liner out, clean it, and glue the mesh to the back of it with PL Premium, but I think it'll stay put and is easily removed or replaced this way.
Sounds good, I'll give it a try.

Chunts

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T
Got the windows tinted yesterday, rebadge today, roof wrap tomorrow.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #86
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Brilliant!! We know what I?m doing Saturday.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Installed the LED rear reflector

Steve0

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Not exactly all today, Eibach lowering springs, 15% tint, rebadging and the next project is the K&N typhoon CAI Stinger badge.jpg lowered.jpg IMG_2531.jpg

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looks so good! How long did they take?

thank you. It took me 4 hours, but that was taking my sweet time with everything and making sure everything was nice and tidy.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
thank you. It took me 4 hours, but that was taking my sweet time with everything and making sure everything was nice and tidy.
Who has the best price on these?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I got them from [MENTION=77]Paul@K8StingerStore[/MENTION]. Send them a PM and they'll hook you up. They have them in stock, so no need to wait to have them made.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I got them from [MENTION=77]Paul@K8StingerStore[/MENTION]. Send them a PM and they'll hook you up. They have them in stock, so no need to wait to have them made.
Awesome! Thanks!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Tomorrow I will be getting a new windshield installed. Took a rock off a truck on the highway and at first it was just a chip, but by the time I got to the glass shop the next day, it cracked right across the camera field of view and two other directions.

It took a week to get an OEM windshield ordered since there is not a lot of supply yet, and apparently it was $1700 just for the part! I only pay 250 deductable, so I'm glad I have good glass insurance...

Mikey_Boy

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2017 Mercedes C63s AMG
I sent the dealer in Auckland, NZ what my color preferences are. Hoping for a deal because we'll get a Sorento at the same time (family car).