Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Well I haven't even had my new Stinger two weeks yet and this happened yesterday!

Reactions
City
Knoxville
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Snow White
I had just filled my tank and was heading to the dealer to get something the salesman had for me and I was sitting getting ready to turn right onto a road and another car was turning left onto the road I was on and I glanced down and looked up and when I looked up the other car was coming right at me at an accelerated rate as if the driver had stomped on the gas pedal. He had a terrified look on his face as he slammed into me and there was nothing I could do.
So it turns out the driver is an illegal alien from the Honduras, he barely could speak any English with me, he was borrowing a friends car, the driver of course has no insurance, I'm not sure if the owner of the car does, I wasn't hurt but my back is sore, the driver wasn't hurt either. But one thing is for sure this will certainly be a huge nightmare for me.
The police office got there and said the computer system was down and it would be a couple of days until the report will be available. The driver admitted total fault in the accident, there was a translator from the police department that was used.
I just can't believe this whole situation. Totally sucks..........

IMG_1376.jpeg IMG_1364.jpeg

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
So sorry to see this. :(
Glad you're ok and hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle getting her fixed.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about this. Glad to now you’re ok

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sorry to hear glad you are OK. This is why the 1 week of owning my Stinger I had a Blackvue 750S 2 channel dashcam installed. Everyday it captures some motor Moron on the road. Good luck with your insurance.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Sorry about your accident, at least your ok, hopefully your insurance won't be an ass...

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I had just filled my tank and was heading to the dealer to get something the salesman had for me and I was sitting getting ready to turn right onto a road and another car was turning left onto the road I was on and I glanced down and looked up and when I looked up the other car was coming right at me at an accelerated rate as if the driver had stomped on the gas pedal. He had a terrified look on his face as he slammed into me and there was nothing I could do.
So it turns out the driver is an illegal alien from the Honduras, he barely could speak any English with me, he was borrowing a friends car, the driver of course has no insurance, I'm not sure if the owner of the car does, I wasn't hurt but my back is sore, the driver wasn't hurt either. But one thing is for sure this will certainly be a huge nightmare for me.
The police office got there and said the computer system was down and it would be a couple of days until the report will be available. The driver admitted total fault in the accident, there was a translator from the police department that was used.
Ouch.... Glad you both are okay. Hate to see this, especially being only two weeks old. Keep us updated on the process and hopefully your back gets better.

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1

View attachment 4020 View attachment 4021
I’m am so sorry for your ordeal, and out here in Colorado we have to have uninsured motorist coverage which I don’t know what the laws are in your state of TN in regards to that?
I have the same white exterior you have, and I hope you get her back better looking then ever sooner or later.

OP
ClutchKargo
Reactions
City
Knoxville
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Snow White
Thread Starter #8
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I had it towed to the best body shop in town and from initial glimpse they think it will probably not be totaled. Honestly I'd have a real hard time getting the same deal I got. So I'm good with having it fixed. He promised it will be showroom new. I went to the Doctor today to make it official in case I have any lingering issues and honestly I'm still pretty sore. So I'll be taking it easy for a few days. Now that I've had time to process the whole thing I really can't believe it happened, but I can't dwindle on that, I'm safe and healthy and it looks like the car will be fine. I'm already missing it real bad. Best damn driving car I've ever owned hands down.

BrillPhil

Reactions
City
Leicester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2019 GTS 3.3
Really hope you recover well and the car looks better than ever after the repair .

Reactions
City
Surrey
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 2019 Gt

View attachment 4020 View attachment 4021
Most important thing is you are not hurt and still healthy. Health is wealth. Cars can be fixed. Your insurance should take care of it no problem. I live in Canada BC and our insurance is government regulated but it costs me 315$ a month just on car insurance.