Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger GT AWD vs Civic Type R Finally!

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Been on the hunt for one of these Type R's... modded of course.

Came across a beautiful blue one in Baja California... we hit the Heresy Highway (no not Hershey) @ do a couple rolls @ 40. The first two I pulled ahead pretty good about 1 - 2 cars... but the 3rd it was only by a 1/2 car... he was FBO and Tuned ~ 378 WHP. If he was running E85 mix he would be up another 20 WHP. I was stock at the time, but now I"m running the JB4 Map1 until I get my plugs installed :p Nice guy very respectful of the 1,2,3 rules.... none of this 1,2 GO! then 3... LOL!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I have nothing but respect for those little hatches now that I know their full potential. Friend of mine has one and his is truly FBO (lots of those guys call them FBO but until they're running the fuel system too, they're not, and leaving a lot of HP on the table). We have done an insane number of races and even on map 4 and 5 he can inch away from me on a roll until we hit super-illegal speeds....in mexico of course. And I've seen him gap scat packs, 5.0s and SSs easily.

This is why I love turbos; unlocking extra power is easy. 👍

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Thread Starter #3
I have nothing but respect for those little hatches now that I know their full potential. Friend of mine has one and his is truly FBO (lots of those guys call them FBO but until they're running the fuel system too, they're not, and leaving a lot of HP on the table). We have done an insane number of races and even on map 4 and 5 he can inch away from me on a roll until we hit super-illegal speeds....in mexico of course. And I've seen him gap scat packs, 5.0s and SSs easily.

This is why I love turbos; unlocking extra power is easy. 👍
Yeah I might buy one as my mountain driving car ;) Yes, he's FBO running the hondata direct injection fuel system upgrade ;) gotta fix that low pressure bottleneck ... esp. if he's doing E40 or E50 for 425WHP + I know he does a lower ethanol % for ~400WHP at the moment (E30) and will be doing a turbo upgrade.. so the HPFP kit was necessary obviously LOL