Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger GT AWD rather shaky after 150mph run on expressway.

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Okay... so I took the car out to do a 70 - 150mph run on an open stretch in Mexico :) That went well... but when I gradually slowed down to 70mph... the steering wheel had a vibration in it that wasn't there before and the car seem to sense every little imperfection on the expressway... but the alignment was still on (testing) ... now the very next day in the morning... the car drove fine? Any hints as to what caused this...? It was hot out... ~100-109 (depending on elevation of the highway my gauge kept changing) degrees in the afternoon. Tires were hot... orrrr the ECU did something to the suspension after that high speed run? The car just felt unstable like I was driving on an old road....

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
What tires are on the car?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
How does the car feel now at highway speeds now?

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Thread Starter #4
2020 Kia Stinger GT (AWD)
Original equipment vehicle tire size
225/40R19/XL 93W (Front) | 255/35R19/XL 96W (Rear)
Recommended Tire Pressure, PSI
Front: 38 / Rear: 36
Michelin Primacy Tour A/S

hmmm speed rating is ??? 96W 96 Load Index 1565 lbs W = 168mph?

Car feels fine now ... it was very hot that day .... maybe the tires just got a bit hot?

Last edited: