Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Steve H. here with a new '18 Stinger GT

Did I get a good price?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Could be better...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Kia Stinger GT
Hey fellow Stinger owners! Steve here and super happy to be able to say I've finally picked up an '18 Stinger GT in micro blue after months of dreaming. It was 29k asking price with 9k miles, got it for 31k OTD on 10/29/19. Hope this was a good price as it def seemed so. Still getting up to speed on it. Took it for an inspection at Kia dealership and everything looked good to go. I'm coming from a 2002 Celica GT-S that I've had since 2004
so this is a big adjustment to a new bigger car, but one I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy. Looking forward to reading about what everyone's learned and experiencing with this car.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome! Always a big step up to upgrade from an older car. I think you got a great deal

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congrats, sounds like a good deal to me

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
welcome & congratulations

Reactions
City
Fort Lauderdale
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT1
Thank you very much

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Yes its a fair deal. Congrats and welcome

OP
S
Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #9
Figured Id post some pics of the new baby, with my mug in there as well, shes a beaut!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
She is a beaut indeed

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Congratulations

Reactions
City
Fort Lauderdale
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT1
Hi guys a little follow up with my stingy gt1 2008, I'll try make it short.
Part 1 :
One day I was driving and noticed a little sound not alarming to me so I kept driving to Wawa (was hungry).
To my return I notice that the rear of the front bumper was partly missing see pics. After searching I found out that those little clips that holds the front bumper are so poor quality, results you'll see in the pictures attached. and kia didn't wanna take responsibility even though I showed them the broken clips.also it damaged my tires I got 2 flat.
Part 2 : I drive to a friend park my car 5 mins come back and car won't starts at that point I have pyromane thoughts crossing my mind very quickly.
I called the tow company, they pick up the car and it's now been seating there for 2 weeks. They claim that because it was at a previous dealership before they will not pay for the repair, after hours and hours and hours between manager, kia America and kia cosmos intergalactic they decided to fix the the 2nd problem which was a bad harnest and replacing the ECU which was bad.
My car is an 2018 and 11670miles.
It was a real nightmare hopefully I get back today or tomorrow. 😡

Attachments

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Part 1: Well by the looks of it, it seems like you front engine splash shield is gone, therefore the fender liners were not properly secured, as they use part of the splash shield for mounting. Doubt the clips are at fault here.

Also on the third photo, the center part of your front vent is missing, did you remove it? That piece is secured very tightly in there, the only way for it come off is by hitting something or you actually removing it.

Part 2: There is a recall for the main wire harness from Kia for the Stinger. Some just need a grommet to prevent the harness from touching the metal, others just need the harness replaced.

Reactions
City
Fort Lauderdale
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT1
Part 1: Well by the looks of it, it seems like you front engine splash shield is gone, therefore the fender liners were not properly secured, as they use part of the splash shield for mounting. Doubt the clips are at fault here.

Also on the third photo, the center part of your front vent is missing, did you remove it? That piece is secured very tightly in there, the only way for it come off is by hitting something or you actually removing it.

Part 2: There is a recall for the main wire harness from Kia for the Stinger. Some just need a grommet to prevent the harness from touching the metal, others just need the harness replaced.

Hey robz thanks for the answer you are correct about those clips they are so cheaply made and the liners came down while driving and the shield is missing too as for the fenders I removed them myself for now.
The dealership doesn't wanna pay for it but right now I had a bigger problem the harness and the ECU needed replacement and I had to fight 2 weeks to have them fix it.
I'm getting my car back today and then I will deal with those liners.
I'm so tired of their loaner Kia forte I want my car back.