Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Radio doesn't work occasionally

Aaronlp

Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 white Stinger GT1
Hello everyone,

I have had my Kia Stinger GT1 for about 2 weeks now and have had about 6 occurrences of the radio not working when I turn the car on. FM, AM, BT, XM, all do not play. I'm not sure if it's a radio problem or a speaker problem. As soon as I turn the car off and back on everything starts working again. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Aaron

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Try turning off ‘quantum logic’. Press ‘setup’ button in the center of the dash. Then press the ‘sound’ option on the screen. Scroll down to ‘advanced’ and the quantum logic menu should be there. I just got turned on to this by another Stinger owner. I hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Aaronlp

Aaronlp

Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 white Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #3
Thank you. I will try this.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
And that worked?
You sure it wasn't a coincidence?

What software version are you and the OP running?

Screenshots are of what my car came with and what I have now...

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
This has occurred with my 2018 GT2 purchased 12/17 a total of 3 times. When I called the Concierge line, they wanted to replace the head unit. I wasn't thrilled with that idea and put it off. It's not recurred and I just updated to the latest Nav/firmware. Trust me, I'm watching it. I think it's a 3 year warranty. Should it recur, I'll likely have them replace it.

Please keep us posted on how this turns out!

OP
Aaronlp

Aaronlp

Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 white Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #6
So, this happened to me again yesterday. I flipped thru the menus and turned off quantum logic and music started playing again. Turned on quantum logic and the music stopped. Turned the car off and then on, turned quantum logic on and everything was fine. It definitely has something to do with the quantum logic setting. I will try and get a hold of Kia to see if they have heard of this.

Aaron

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Very curious what version of the software you have.

Reactions
I've been experiencing this with my stinger as well (2019 GT2). Its been to the dealer almost 5 times and they still having figured it out. I will have to turn off the quantum logic setting in mine to see if that works.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I was thinking it is just me and since this problem occurs so randomly, I didn't even bother raising it to the service because I wouldn't replicate it before them. Interesting to see some solutions around quantum logic, haven't tried to turn it on/off when there is no sound, but my solution was a little different.
Inside the advanced settings, there is an option with the new AVN 5.0 units that limits the sound level when you turn on the car, if it is above some level, something like that. So keeping that feature off all the time works for me, just fyi if you want to try with yourself. I haven't had any issues since then, while starting the car, even though using quantum logic all the time. I want to try the suggested solution by turning volume limiter on, to see if it interferes with QL.
It was so annoying especially when you start driving and realize after a while that no sound is coming up, need to pull over, stop the engine, then I even tried locking and unlocking the car to make the head unit completely reset... omg!
Thanks guys for sharing that issue!
Hello @marlene fish. Welcome to the forum

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
Not sure if it’s related and/or I understand your problem OP but I’ve had it happen two or three times that I start up, radio plays normal, Bluetooth connects and the icons in the top right confirm this. HOWEVER, when I press ‘media’ I can’t play Bluetooth audio. Says no device connected. I can only fix by cycling the power (car). I’ve tried disconnecting my iPhone Bluetooth and reconnecting and no dice.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Have a 2019 GT1 have the same radio problem. Called Corp. KIA they had no idea what the problem was.they told me to go to the dealer. If I turn the radio off before the car it will not come back on when I restart the car and turn the radio back on nothing works.. drives me nuts Stevo Gt1

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Have a 2019 GT1 have the same radio problem. Called Corp. KIA they had no idea what the problem was.they told me to go to the dealer. If I turn the radio off before the car it will not come back on when I restart the car and turn the radio back on nothing works.. drives me nuts Stevo Gt1
What software version are you running?

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
I have no idea what soft ware I'm running. I will try ehb704 idea and see if will correct this annoying problem.
StevoGt1

Vixsaved

Reactions
City
San Bernardino
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
White Kia Stinger Premium
On the Stinger radio there is a reset button to the right of the "radio" button on the passenger airbag light. Take a ball point pen and press it for about 5 seconds. It WILL reset your radio. It happened on my Optima and twice on my Stinger.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
On the Stinger radio there is a reset button to the right of the "radio" button on the passenger airbag light. Take a ball point pen and press it for about 5 seconds. It WILL reset your radio. It happened on my Optima and twice on my Stinger.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Hello Vixsaved, thank you for the advice on the radio it seemed to fix my problem.
I drive a 19 GT1 it was the only problem with the car. Kia Corp. Had no idea or the dealer I bought it from on a way to repair. Thanks for the help drive safe .

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

Ragtopfan

Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT 2 AWD
I bought my 2019 GT2 a few weeks ago and it has now done this to me a couple times including this morning when I left for work. I tried the reset button but that did nothing to solve the issue. I then shut the car off and restarted it. Voila! Sound for my Ipod but then switching to radio it again went silent. Restart and again I have sound. I found the 'Quantum Logic' On/Off box and toggled it a few times. Indeed, I always got sound with it off and silence when it was turned on. Does anyone know if this was ever fixed with a software update? I attached a pic of the software currently installed in my Stinger. I did download the most recent maps and SW update but I am reluctant to use the new card I made since Kia pulled it from the update site 'for inspection' IMG_0828[1].JPG IMG_0828[1].JPG

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
wow that's some old software.

just install the latest and enjoy all the latest fixes