Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

RaceChip vs JB4

antMan

Reactions
City
Oskarshamn
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Stinger GT2 3.3l T-Gdi Awd
I have hard time deciding if I'm gonna get RaceChip or JB4, what I understand so with the RaceChip there is no trace in the cars software when you remove it before you service the car and then the warranty don't get voided.
Does anyone know if it's the same with JB4?

For starters I just want to buy anyone of the two above, change sparkplugs, change the airfilters and change my exhaust.

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
I have hard time deciding if I'm gonna get RaceChip or JB4, what I understand so with the RaceChip there is no trace in the cars software when you remove it before you service the car and then the warranty don't get voided.
Does anyone know if it's the same with JB4?

For starters I just want to buy anyone of the two above, change sparkplugs, change the airfilters and change my exhaust.
Yes they are both piggyback systems so if you remove them there's no trace.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
If I were you I would go with the JB4. I run the JB4, to remove it from the car takes like a minute or two and to install it, just 2 to 3 minutes. Everybody I know is running the JB4 an totally satisfied with the chip. I have mine bluetoothed to a tablet, heres a picture...

Attachments

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
JB4 all the way. [strongman]
The customer support from BMS is second to none, Terry (developer of JB chip) is a great resources when it comes to answering any questions. Also The guys at BMS are constantly improving the firmware on their chip, in order to make it work more efficient with the Stinger AND to top things off you can log every run if you want, and send it to Terry for analysis. [twothumb]

MrMr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
JB4 is much more customizable than Racechip

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
If you are going to continue to mod and possibly race the car - JB4 hands down.
If you just want a noticeable bump in performance and will stay satisfied with that - Race chip will be fine.

Reactions
City
Northern
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT2 AWD
I know this is an ancient thread, but would appreciate advice from users of both systems.

Are there any negative effects or control issues on engine / transmission / drive-train with either JB4 or Racechip?

I would not want to change anything else on the car, and am looking to maximize power strafing corners on 2-lane back-roads (no racetrack use, my S2000 is my track car).

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I know this is an ancient thread, but would appreciate advice from users of both systems.

Are there any negative effects or control issues on engine / transmission / drive-train with either JB4 or Racechip?

I would not want to change anything else on the car, and am looking to maximize power strafing corners on 2-lane back-roads (no racetrack use, my S2000 is my track car).
I'm Team JB4. I've had mine two years this month and highly recommend it. The company is always updating firmware/making improvements/adding features and the support is among the best, if you need help or experience a glitch.

Definitely the best performance bang for the buck. 👍

Reactions
City
Northern
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT2 AWD
Thanks for your response. I am hoping for detailed particulars (being a retired engineer), sort of an A : B comparison detailing good vs bad. Thanks again!