Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Pulled the trigger!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Well, the time has come; I'm officially a Stinger owner. I went in with the intention of picking up a black over red GT1, but somehow, likely because I've been awake 38 hours and hadn't eaten since last night, I let myself get talked into a red over black GT2.

Dont ask me how it drives, I didn't drive it or even see it..lol. I leased it from a dealer outside Dallas and it had just rolled off the truck. I'm going back in a few hours to pick it up, after traffic dies down and I've had a disco nap.

I'll post pics and answer any questions later.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
How does it drive? Lol congrats buddy.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Congrats

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Awesome. Waiting to hear about it...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Congratulations man! If you have any questions about features or controls or systems, just let me know!

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Looking forward to your review.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Congrats man! I'm envious and itching bad to drive one when they get here. Rememeber, no hooniganing until after 500 or so miles lol jk enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wow that was fast, big congrats.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Congrats! What kind of deal did you get?

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
She's all mine. I think I'll call her Kate (as in K8).

More to come...

Attachments

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Congratulations

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Congrats!

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
Ok, so I'm rested and ready to share my impressions:

I drove for hours last night and I now have 100 miles. I couldn't remember what the break-in recommendation was so I babied it; didn't go above 4k or 75 mph. I can say though, in sport mode, she wants to GO. It's a really good sounding engine but do yourself a favor and turn down the sound amplifier; there's no off selection but with it turned down you get mostly exhaust, which has a nice low rumble.

Speaking of sound, I was initially underwhelmed by the HK stereo. I finally played around with it and got it sounding more to my liking. There's a menu with a volume setting that has to be adjusted, or you don't get the full sound. With that turned up, it got so loud I couldn't handle the volume past 30. Also, make sure you turn the surround sound on, that helps too.

I'm not a huge fan of driving aids so going in, I didn't know anything about the drive wise package. So, it came as a bit of a surprise when I discovered it would correct your steering to keep you centered in the lane. Very weird sensation, almost feels like you're being gently nudged by high winds. I didnt time it but it seemed as if you get 10 seconds of handsfree steering assist before it warns you to put your hands on the wheel.

So far no gripes, that I can think of. I will say, the dealership experience sucked. My sales guy was great, and I'll give him high marks, but everything else was mediocre; the finance guy was a prick, the sales manager was just slimy and almost caused me to walk TWICE, and the vehicle prep was subpar (they didn't remove all labels, plastic and outside protection, and there were fingerprints all over it at delivery). I honestly predict Kia WILL lose sales of people used to the Germans and other premium brands.

Bottom line, it's a great car and seems to live up to the hype. [twothumb]

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Great to hear about the car and I'm sure we'll have tons of questions for you. The part about the dealer experience is starting to sound like the norm unfortunately. Never been to a Kia dealership that I can recall and I'm not looking forward to it if everyone starts having similar interactions with them.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. From my interactions with Kia dealers so far, they have a long ways to go before they can compete in the luxury segments.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. From my interactions with Kia dealers so far, they have a long ways to go before they can compete in the luxury segments.
Anyone that wants a PERFECT experience on their new car can pick up a one way ticket to see me. You will have the best time ever buying your car! ????

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
That would be nice. Hope someone takes you up on that offer.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That would be nice. Hope someone takes you up on that offer.
And I might even be willing to pay for some of that one way ticket! ????

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm rested and ready to share my impressions:

I drove for hours last night and I now have 100 miles. I couldn't remember what the break-in recommendation was so I babied it; didn't go above 4k or 75 mph. I can say though, in sport mode, she wants to GO. It's a really good sounding engine but do yourself a favor and turn down the sound amplifier; there's no off selection but with it turned down you get mostly exhaust, which has a nice low rumble.

Speaking of sound, I was initially underwhelmed by the HK stereo. I finally played around with it and got it sounding more to my liking. There's a menu with a volume setting that has to be adjusted, or you don't get the full sound. With that turned up, it got so loud I couldn't handle the volume past 30. Also, make sure you turn the surround sound on, that helps too.

I'm not a huge fan of driving aids so going in, I didn't know anything about the drive wise package. So, it came as a bit of a surprise when I discovered it would correct your steering to keep you centered in the lane. Very weird sensation, almost feels like you're being gently nudged by high winds. I didnt time it but it seemed as if you get 10 seconds of handsfree steering assist before it warns you to put your hands on the wheel.

So far no gripes, that I can think of. I will say, the dealership experience sucked. My sales guy was great, and I'll give him high marks, but everything else was mediocre; the finance guy was a prick, the sales manager was just slimy and almost caused me to walk TWICE, and the vehicle prep was subpar (they didn't remove all labels, plastic and outside protection, and there were fingerprints all over it at delivery). I honestly predict Kia WILL lose sales of people used to the Germans and other premium brands.

Bottom line, it's a great car and seems to live up to the hype. [twothumb]
Sorry to hear about your experience! I had a great team, I even had the dealership not even touch my car besides the PDI. All plastic and everything was left on, and I drove it straight to my detailer for it's ceramicpro coating. IMG_20171215_065443 - Copy.jpg

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Congrats and nice review! Welcome!