Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Pulled the Trigger this week

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
The E and rear Stinger emblem ( to replace the oval Kia emblems ) can be ordered from an OEM reseller from Korea , check out Ebay , good luck
The problem with swapping emblems is the standard KIA badge is oval and the "Sigma" badge is round. The problem is that the emblems are recessed into the body work so if you pop off the standard KIA badge, you'll have an oval recess to put your round badge in. If it's available as an option from the factory, it will look nicer and you won't have to deal with this. We'll have to wait and see here in the USA I guess.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Just pre ordered a GT Limited today , should arrive sometime in December , already ordered the Korean E emblem and Stinger trunk emblem to replace the Kia badging .
Looking forward to picking it up !

Cheers
Congrats on the order! Pictures and maybe a walk around of the vehicle when you get it would do great things for this forum. There are videos out there but not from owners. Anyways, enjoy it when you get it and keep us updated.

Cheers

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #23
The problem with swapping emblems is the standard KIA badge is oval and the "Sigma" badge is round. The problem is that the emblems are recessed into the body work so if you pop off the standard KIA badge, you'll have an oval recess to put your round badge in. If it's available as an option from the factory, it will look nicer and you won't have to deal with this. We'll have to wait and see here in the USA I guess.
Thanks , but if you look closely neither the front or back logo's are on debossed panels , they are flat surfaces . Dental floss and goof off will do the trick for removal
Cheers

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #24
Thanks , I will post up some pics for sure , sounds like the Aussies are getting theirs first so we may see some shots from them first . My delivery is scheduled for early December .

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thanks , but if you look closely neither the front or back logo's are on debossed panels , they are flat surfaces . Dental floss and goof off will do the trick for removal
Cheers
That's awesome! Thanks for the info! If I can't get the sigma badges in the USA then I'll have the Sigma badges installed myself.

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #26
That's awesome! Thanks for the info! If I can't get the sigma badges in the USA then I'll have the Sigma badges installed myself.
I'll bet Kia North America will never be allowed to sell those badges due to a conflict in strategy , as mentioned before you can buy the OEM Factory badges on ebay , they have both the E and large "Stinger" , 3-5 weeks shipping for about 75.00 delivered .

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'll bet Kia North America will never be allowed to sell those badges due to a conflict in strategy , as mentioned before you can buy the OEM Factory badges on ebay , they have both the E and large "Stinger" , 3-5 weeks shipping for about 75.00 delivered .
Agreed! In order to show the world what they can now build and in order to attract new customers, they're gonna want their name on the car. And rightfully so. I'll be checking out ebay:)

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #28
Agreed! In order to show the world what they can now build and in order to attract new customers, they're gonna want their name on the car. And rightfully so. I'll be checking out ebay:)
The new E and STINGER emblems just arrived , perfect condition , came in OEM , sealed bags , just need the car now !

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The new E and STINGER emblems just arrived , perfect condition , came in OEM , sealed bags , just need the car now !
What was the cost to get it shipped to Canada?

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #30
What was the cost to get it shipped to Canada?
$ 68.00 USD for both shipped . They said it would be 3-5 weeks and it only took 10 days .

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Congratulations [MENTION=130]westcoastGT[/MENTION]

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Cheers on the order, please share your thoughts with us when you take delivery.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Congrats! What color did you get?

Just pre ordered a GT Limited today , should arrive sometime in December , already ordered the Korean E emblem and Stinger trunk emblem to replace the Kia badging .
Looking forward to picking it up !

Cheers

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #35
Thanks ,In Canada we were asked to pick 3 colors in case they had trouuble supplying , So #1 was Thunders Gray , # 2 White , #3 Ghost Gray , I know the US calls the grays something else .

I really liker all 3 so I dont care if I get bumped from 1 .

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Thanks ,In Canada we were asked to pick 3 colors in case they had trouuble supplying , So #1 was Thunders Gray , # 2 White , #3 Ghost Gray , I know the US calls the grays something else .

I really liker all 3 so I dont care if I get bumped from 1 .
I was really sad when I found out from the dealer that Thunder Grey might not be available in America as that's my first choice.